Author Topic: Prison Break : Eclipse Phase Edition  (Read 7198 times)

TMayesing78

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Prison Break : Eclipse Phase Edition
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »
So my basic scenario plan is a group of mercenaries are hired to break into a Jovian Prison and escape with a prisoner.  The basic plan sounds good but I am falling down a bit on why someone would pay your basic EP style dogs of war to do the job.  Suggestions would be welcome.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Break : Eclipse Phase Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »
So my basic scenario plan is a group of mercenaries are hired to break into a Jovian Prison and escape with a prisoner.  The basic plan sounds good but I am falling down a bit on why someone would pay your basic EP style dogs of war to do the job.  Suggestions would be welcome.

The answer is totally dependant on who the prisoner is and why he's there.

If he is a jovian politician then his buddies might be springing him to keep him quiet and are using outside mercs to have deniability.

If he is an asset to an extropian outside Jovia then those people might just have purchased the services of the PC as they had the lowest bid on the job.

So who is the prisoner and why does someone need to spring him?
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Jace911

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:03 PM »
He or she knows something valuable or dangerous, and as a Jovian probably lacks a cortical stack or backups so the PCs have to extract the old fashioned way?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »
What's the plan anyway? My first idea is to build custom synthmorphs that resemble equipment you ship into the prison - then the PCs transform into deathbot squad and go from there.

TMayesing78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 02:05:51 AM »
My plan was a pc deathbot scenario.  I intend making pre-gens for a con scenario/reintroduction for my players.  Something self contained and fairly action orientated.  I find my home group gets bogged down in and intimidated by some of the complexities of EP.  I'm hoping something direct and exciting might be able to get them interested.

I had thought of it as a criminal cartel trying to extract the target for a profit motive.  But a jovian with valuable Intel probably makes more sense.  I kept starting with and then stumbling over the idea of a non-jovian in a junta prison.  Why not just restore him from back up?  What would he have that would be worth the expense of a mercenary raid?   I thought maybe account numbers he got as payment just before arrest.  Maybe the ID of corrupt officials the cartel intends on making use of.  But either way what were they buying/selling to make him worth a possibly very bloody escape?

I thought most of the antagonists would be flat(prison personal/inmates) and remote controlled security drones.

TMayesing78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 02:25:06 AM »
I just had a thought, set the scenario AF5 have the prisoner be the member of the Security Council deposed in the Coup (I think AF3) can't make the guy a martyr by killing him, to many friends to frame & put him on trial.  So he's kept masked sedated and fed intravenously in a max security prison.  Guards and inmates assume he's some super dangerous spy or some such. Revolutionaries want him because he could/does know where some Jovian military assets are, and possibly access codes.  Or is that too over the top?