Author Topic: I Podcast Magic Missile  (Read 6615 times)

Iafhtagn

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I Podcast Magic Missile
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »
I've recently been looking for other AP sites, so I have something to listen to between RPPR releases (yes, I have an AP problem, enough said).

I discovered a site called "I Podcast Magic Missile". Has anyone else ever heard of/listened to them?

The IPMM group has a stupid name and a website with really, really bad layout and organization. But the APs they've posted are unlike anything I've ever heard before. They play a lot of Apocalypse World and other games with the AW engine. Like RPPR, they are one of the few AP podcasts where the players actually sound like they're having fun, and where they're also telling an engaging story for the audience. They also play characters that make Bartleby look like a saint, and they deal with topics that would certainly make me and probably most people I've gamed with too uncomfortable to keep playing. I'd describe it more, but it might be better to listen and see for yourself. I've listened to Sunktown, a couple of their one-offs, and I'm halfway through their New Sodom campaign. New Sodom is the best one I've listened to so far, although I almost gave up around episode 2 or 3 because of just how dark it got (and, again, I've liked pretty much everything to come out of RPPR). I'd love to see what this group could do with anything written by Caleb - I guess No Security would be the obvious choice, but "A Perfect Murder" is much more their style.

Iafhtagn

• View Profile
Re: I Podcast Magic Missile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »
I'm kind of curious if anyone took a look at IPMM. I just finished listening to their Sword, Crown, and Unspeakable Power campaign, and, well, it was intense. Lamb the Bloodletter is the creepiest yet most loveable RPG character I've heard since Know Evil wrapped up.

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »
Prior to your post I tried to get into IPMM.  I am unfamiliar with the Apocalypse World system so I didn't get into the two episodes I listened to briefly.   Also if I recall correctly, I got annoyed by the sound quality.  Based on your recommendation I'll give it another shot.

Hayshed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »
I'm most of the way through their Souls of Steel campaign, liking it so far. It's a AW hack based on stuff like Battlestar Galatica and Mecha series.

Their SCUP campaign is one of the best APs I've listened to as far as intensity and drama go - warning, very adult content.

If you're looking for similar AW stuff, I loved the couple campaigns that the JankCast did - again, dark and adult content warning

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »
Interesting. I can subscribe to I Podcast Magic Missile on the iOS podcast app, but I can't see more than one episode in the "Feed" section. 

Just curious, anyone have a work around for mobile?

Incidentally with Skype of Cthulhu when I go to the "Feed" section, I do not see the entire catalog of their podcasts like I do with RPPR.  Is this a podcast thing or a user thing?