Author Topic: MaoCT Monster creation  (Read 5431 times)

j_train1

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
MaoCT Monster creation
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
So Reading through the book for monster creation I am a bit confused. I understand the hit locations and assigning dice to them.
Now if I read it correctly you get one  quality for free(Attack,Defend,Useful) that is before you add more stuff. So if you have attached 7-10 as a hit location then that means you get 15 dice worth of stuff,since you can't go over 10 then the other 5 points you need to use for qualities or extras. \

SO in the 15 example the first Quality is Attack(that is free), then the second Quality is Useful,that cost you 1 Dice. Attaching Wicked Fast 2 and Gnarly 2 to Attack cost another 4 so therefore that eats up the other 5 Dice which then drops your pool to 10.

Is that correct way to build the stat?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: MaoCT Monster creation
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:41:44 PM »
You have 20 points for that location (7,8,9,10) x 5 = 20 points. Then you have 1 quality for free. You can only go up to 10d (10 dice) in that location, so the rest of the points have to be spent on extras and other qualities. You could put less than 10 points in dice if you wanted though.

j_train1

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: MaoCT Monster creation
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 07:10:47 AM »
derp, 7-10 is 20 not 15. I was drinking alot of Yengling while typing up that message.