Author Topic: Degenesis: Rebirth  (Read 76144 times)

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Degenesis: Rebirth
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
Degenesis is making a return in the form of Degenesis: Rebirth! Here's the launch trailer.
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

For those not in the know, Degenesis is a Primal Punk rpg out of Germany by artist Marko Djurdjevic. It's set in 2595 in a post-asteroid-apocalypse Central Europe and Northern Africa, where whats left of the EU is a frosted hellscape of alien spore infested society and Africa has become the new super-power as a sub-tropical paradise.

Posthuman Studios brought over the original version a few years ago, but it was a pretty niche title, with an odd system, so it didn't sell great. Now Marko has started a new company (SIXMOREVODKA) and is working on resurrecting the game. The initial release will be limited edition, 2-book sets, one for its game engine, KatharSys, and another for world/setting info, in German, with an English version in the works. These books look absolutely gorgeous and the overhaul of the original CatharSys has me with high hopes for this game.

So, any opinions? Has anybody here played the original version, let alone own it?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Degenesis: Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
I'd love to have a more accessable version. I read through the demo stuff at GenCon a few years ago and couldn't penetrate very deep so I gave it a pass. Liked the look of it though. I'm definitally up for checking it out again.

Atreju

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »
There's a second trailer and an upcoming "Behind the scenes" as well.

Sacrifice everything

And the english version is also available! The pdf will follow about mid-November, and In Thy Blood, the first campaign, about Christmas.

The rule overhaul definitely worked, it is a simple and quick pool-based d6 system with a lot of options and variations for nearly every situation. Ilfaralek wrote an english review on the Degenesis board.

Note: dude, this forum is very uncomfortable with all the questions for registration and even for a post!

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
Degenesis art and fiction owns.  Glad to see it get a reboot and better rules.  Now if it only gets a better adventure that what was in the last core book.

Glad to see more people are becoming aware of this.

Atreju

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »
The adventure "Embargo" in the core book is quite nice, it works for new players as well as the old ones, because it give some advice, but is not pampering. Also, it gives a nice introduction into the world, without too much metaplot. Plain, simple and easy, you can do it even on one evening. We spend two, but we also had some absolute newbies to this universe. The maps for "Embargo" are in the download section of the homepage.