Author Topic: Edge of the Empire - Drunk and Ugly Life Day Special  (Read 8962 times)

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Edge of the Empire - Drunk and Ugly Life Day Special
« on: January 07, 2016, 04:27:01 PM »
It might be a bit uncool to point to a different actual play podcast from the forums of an actual play podcast but The Drunk and Ugly and RPPR seem to be on friendly turns so I am doing it. Most of the Drunk and Ugly APs are not to my taste (not through any fault of their own mind you, I think they do a good job) but I can recommend the entire run of their Star Wars Edge of the Empire actual plays groups under the title Fate Ascendant. It is currently in hiatus but for Christmas they dropped a "special life day episode" that was quite funny. If is worth a listen even if you don't listen to the rest of the episodes.

http://drunkandugly.com/2015/12/25/edge-of-the-empire-fate-ascendant-holiday-special/

Review Cultist

• View Profile
Re: Edge of the Empire - Drunk and Ugly Life Day Special
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »
I second this.
Liquid Water?

The Lost Carol

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Third'd.

Honestly, Life Day rivals Synthtopia for the most laughs I've ever had listening to an AP; which should be saying something. The rest of Edge of the Empire is a great series that does a good mix of drama and laughs and would be a great jumping off point for newbies to DNU.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:36:14 AM »
Agreed. I was enjoying the D and U's Star Wars Edge of the Empire actual plays until I got busy with other things. And I'm not really a Star Wars fan.