Author Topic: What should I run this in?  (Read 10363 times)

Timmay

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
What should I run this in?
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »
I'm in a bit of a bind here. I want to run a game after not having for a while and I got sparked back to thinking it would be fun after coming up with what I thought would be a pretty cool game. I want it to be low fantasy with most of the players being pretty much normal people thrust into a very bad situation (some variation of the greek gods just tore the universe apart into tiny pieces) and the characters are going to spend most of their time trying to make sure that they and their family members and or friends (NO murder hobos in my games ^^ ) have enough basic supplies to just keep surviving daily life while not getting all their faces chewed off by the horrible monsters that just sprouted up at their back doors. So I would like something that modeled social stuff in some kind of decent light. I don't have a good idea of what would make a good system to run this in so I thought I would ask you guys as the forums here seem a great deal less toxic then some others I've read through.

Twisting H

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: What should I run this in?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:44:42 AM »

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »
Red Markets
or
Fate
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »
actually if you want to focus more on the drama and interpersonal relationships, I would recommend Hillfolk: http://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/hillfolk/

Timmay

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »
Thanks guys! The suggestions are great. So great in fact that my wallet decided to take a vacation and I can no longer be responsible for it's actions. Will probably end up giving it a shot in torchbearer. Never played any of the burning wheel games but it looks to match what i'm going for to a bit of a tee.

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
Thanks guys! The suggestions are great. So great in fact that my wallet decided to take a vacation and I can no longer be responsible for it's actions. Will probably end up giving it a shot in torchbearer. Never played any of the burning wheel games but it looks to match what i'm going for to a bit of a tee.

I got to play Torchbearer once at a con. The first time we went into a dungeon, we got robbed by skeletons in the first room and ended up even poorer than we'd started. We rested up, tried again, and got TPK'd in the second room. It was pretty great.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/