Author Topic: RPGs that MUST be made  (Read 17198 times)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: RPGs that MUST be made
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
For a while there I was seriously considering a Harry Potter roleplaying game.

Yes, I know there already is one.

Would a Harry Potter rpg feature a stat for "teen angst"?

I'd like to see some neon genesis evangelion game that is sanity-based.

klaatu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
I'd like to see some neon genesis evangelion game that is sanity-based.

So, what, you level as your sanity drops?  Progression should be logarithmic rather than linear, if you go that way.

Murph

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

Really cool world and concept, the hero of ages was going to save the world from the big scary evil, and faced the temptation of ultimate power that all heroes do and reject.  Except this one chose to keep ultimate power.  Thousands of years later, the immortal hero rules with an iron first over a dying world.  Ash falls from the sky, mist fills the night,  priests of the god-king ensure everyone stays in line, and the general populace are slaves to a brutal noble class.  The protagonists are a bunch of thieves, hatching a plot to overthrow the hero turned tyrant.  Its fantasy meets Oceans 11s

The "magic" system is spiffy, as some people, called allomancers,  have the ability to draw power from certain alloys and metals by ingesting and "burning" them.  For example, tin allows you to enhance you perception, pewter enhances your strength, steel allows you to pull on other metals etc.  Usually if a person can do this, they can only do it for only one of the metals, unless they are the super rare Mistborn, who can use all of them. 

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
This is throwing back to the oldschool,  does anyone remember the Sega genesis game Shining Force.  I'd play in that world,  i'm sure i'm romanticising it a little as i haven't really played it in 10 years.  But i remember loving that.

Also another oldschool throw back game,  Shadowrunner.  Had an amazing world that i would love to play in.
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.