Author Topic: Best way to video conference  (Read 8414 times)

myrkr

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Best way to video conference
« on: August 08, 2016, 05:06:35 PM »
Seems like an odd place to ask this, but RPPR has been doing the Patreon backer games and I feel I'm less likely to get harassed by a salesperson for Skype or Google.

The Sales Director at my job has asked me to look into the best way for her to video conference and screen share with her seven field sales reps.  They have been using Google Hangouts, but some of the reps have complained about the video and sound quality.  It is entirely possible that the internet connections that the field sales are using are crap and not a fault of the service.  I believe Bill gave a shoutout during one of the recent podcasts to Google Hangouts concerning their use in the above mentioned backer games.

So I reach out to the collective intelligence of the RPPR forums for your experiences, advice, criticisms, and anything else you can provide in regards to video conferencing. 

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Best way to video conference
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »
To be honest, I don't use video when I use hangouts to preserve more bandwidth for audio quality since that's important for us obviously.

Aside from Hangouts and Skype, I only know of OBS https://obsproject.com/ if you wanted to set up some kind of semi-homebrew solution, since it's used for streaming video but that seems overly complicated.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to video conference
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:03:59 AM »
Can you use Facetime for a group conversation ?
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)