Author Topic: I've started a fundable...  (Read 4189 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
I've started a fundable...
« on: June 08, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »
Hi guys.

I've started a fundable in order to try and do something nice for a friend. I've got a friend who has been out of work since February. He seems to be doing pretty ok on making his nessisary ends meet, but he's totally cut out all entertainment, (which he should do). He's not a gamer, per se, he's more of a comic collector, and that has definitely been put on hold. He's also a WWII buff, so I thought I might try to raise money to get a copy of Memoir 44 for him.

I've played Memoir 44 at a game store before, and the game mechanics are such that even if you were to play the same scenario twice, each game would be different due to the random factor of the Orders Cards. It's a fun game that forces the player to gage his tactics on the Order Cards he draws.

So, please do not pledge if this does not seem like a worthy cause to donate money for. Cause honestly, I'm kind of conflicted on starting this Fundable for this goal. He's my friend, not yours. My budget is so tight though, that I can't do this for him without the Fundable.

My Fundable link: http://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2009-06-08.7701769117

Thanks.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: I've started a fundable...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:47:21 PM »
Your running and game I'm in and playing in one of mine. I'm sure I can spare some scratch for a fellow game and his buddy.

Heck, even that aside the Murder of Crows recording is worth a few bucks, I've listened to it almost as much as Dig for Victory by now.