Author Topic: Recruitment attempt for online game of DG  (Read 37109 times)

TRNSHMN

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Even less impressive IRL
    • View Profile
Recruitment attempt for online game of DG
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
Hello all! Hopefully this is in the right place, been a while since I used the forums. I'm looking for one to two players for an online one-shot of Delta Green for Halloween. My group lost a member to god knows what (complete communication blackout), so we're down to four total, and one is busy the weekend of 29-30. I figured the crowd here was a touch higher level than lfg threads on /tg/ or reddit and was worth a shot first.

We play over Discord and Roll20, usually starting around 4-5 PM EST on Saturdays and the occasional Sunday when the scheduling gods have abandoned us.
It'd be as said before the 29th or 30th of October, depending on what we agree on.
The game itself is a one-shot where DG friendlies are called in to help clean up after an OP, the PCs being the aforementioned friendlies.
Another thing to mention is that after that and once we manage to wrap up our ongoing Red Markets game (estimated mid-november), we're planning to launch into a Better Angels campaign, to be ran by another member of the group. So ideally, if the game goes well and we like you and you like us and you're interested in BA, you'd stick around.

Any questions or potential interest can be here or over PM.

RadioactiveBeer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment attempt for online game of DG
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »
I am a member of this group and I (am contractually obligated to) vouch for his DM'ing prowess! Even if he did throw an Evervector at my face. Grumble.

Bystander

• If the day comes, I hope I will act.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 01:18:36 AM »
How well versed will someone have to be in both the lore and rules of DG? I am interested, but I need to double check my schedule and make sure I won't be an impediment when it comes to rules and what not...though 1PM PST on a Saturday seems doable for me. :)
"To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
-Aristotle

TRNSHMN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:56:50 AM »
No lore knowledge necessary, I tend to run Mythos adjacent DG and CoC games. Anything canon-ish is at most an easter egg or reference. A bit of understanding of how the game mechanics work is useful but also not the most important. It's pretty simple, and if you've listened to any of the CoC or DG APs you should have a basic idea of how rolling works.

Bystander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »
Great, because I barely know anything about the actual Lovecraftian lore, but I sort of get the rules and I just got a copy of the Agents Handbook...is this new Delta Green or out in the cold Delta Green?

Also, by clean up so you mean silence witness and such, or literally clean up? Because I got a idea for a CDC or crime scene clean up super janitor. Basically one of the guys that sanitizes and cleans all that stuff and leaves lemon scented bleach in his wake...he will probably die, but eh, perhaps I can give him a useful stat block.
-Aristotle

TRNSHMN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
I tend to prefer a bit of a mix as far as the behavior of the organization goes. New DG with some of the behavior of the old one, simply because it's what I know.

By clean-up I primarily mean a forensic scrubbing down of the affected area, disposal etc., not cover-up, though that might be something you'll have to dabble in, depending on how and how well you do your job.

Bystander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »
Fair enough.

Hmm...just to check, will we be characters that have done there things before? Or is this new for us?
-Aristotle

TRNSHMN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »
That's up to discussion. I imagine some of the team might have had a clean-up job before where they saw some horrible things or a lesser encounter that got them on DG's call list.

Bystander

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 08:49:25 PM »
That seem fair, right. So it will be on the 29th or 30th? Will you be doing anything before that or is it just show up with a sheet on that day?
-Aristotle

Redroverone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
Some questions:

1) How long are typical sessions?
2) Your normal game sessions are every Saturday?
3) Pregens or bring your own?

The biggest reason I haven't said anything before now is that typically, I have a function at 8PM and one at 9PM on alternate Saturdays.

TRNSHMN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
Hiya!

1) 4-5 hours usually
2) Yes, that's mostly been our schedule with a few outliers on Sunday. Reason being, one of the players works nights EU time on weekdays, and another works service industry and it's otherwise pretty hard to schedule. I'm honestly not sure how his schedule changed nowadays, to be exact, so if you're interested I can ask people and get back to you.
3) Bring your own at the moment, but pregens or even a chargen request from me are perfectly valid as well. Pretty flexible about that kind of thing.

Redroverone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »
Well, I'm interested, but I don't think I can make the timing work. Thanks, though!

SiegeMiester

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »
Hey, if you're still looking for a player (Or want one in the future) hit me up.