Author Topic: Recruitment thread - Law & Orcdom Special Villager Unit - Risus  (Read 36635 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Even a world of high fantasy and adventure needs the law. When the law is broken, only a band of brave orcish detectives and the guild of prosecuting attorneys can make things right. The SVU party protects the most helpless of all kingdom's citizens: the villagers who come into contact with adventurers on a daily basis. From the lowly tavern wench to the mighty quest giving mayor, they must put up with adventurers who armed to the teeth with magical weapons and spells and many of whom are suffering from Post Traumatic Resurrection Syndrome.

Obviously, this is based on the RPPR audio skit Law & Orcdom http://slangdesign.com/rppr/2006/09/comedy/law-and-orcdom/

I will be using Risus, which is freely available here http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/downloads.htm

Characters are built as normal. 10 points, no more than 4 dice in a single schtick. You do not have to be an orc. Pick any type of fantasy genre character you want. Each character needs at least a one paragraph description/backstory. I will accept up to 6 players: 4 detectives and 2 prosecutors.

All dice will be rolled in a post. I will allow players to narrate their success or failure within reason.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Recruitment thread - Law & Orcdom Special Villager Unit - Risus
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
Leer Royal- Tiefling Prosecutor
Mr. Royal has been a plotter for his whole life. He knew his life would lead to great power and he'd take any means to get there. But after law school all the good evil jobs where taken (stinkin' recession) so he had to jump at the first thing he could got. It wasn't until after he got the job he found out that a "prosecutor" and a "percicuter" are very different entities. He might also have reconsidered if he'd bothered to ask what happened to the last guy. By day he helps punish the wicked, by night he curses his cruel fate while working on his expansive (and self maintained) hat collection or belting his sorrows out on karaoke night.

Lawyer (3)
Sorcerer (2)
Con Man (2)
Haberdasher (2)
Singer (1)

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
Dagbert Stinkeye - Cyclops Prosecutor

Dagbert's mama always told him when he was wee one that he'd be doing great things like his daddy; randomly encountering politically correct multicultural party of adventurers and slaughtering them all. As an adult however, he was too mild-mannered by cyclops standards and couldn't straight throw an axe in someone's face without quickly turning apologetic. Choosing words over sticks and stones (to make someone cry), he became a scholar and studied in law, criminal psychology and criminal justice. He is now a prosecutor so he can still be a "warrior" in his own way. His daddy would be ashamed but he's dead. His best friend is his pet Bolly, a baby balhannoth.

Cross-examining (2)
Insight (3)
Objecting (3)
Obscure laws, knowledge of (1)
Pet caretaker (1)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:33:09 PM by Maze »

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »
Magnus McGruff - Werewolf Detective

Magnus was born a werewolf.  He is stuck in a wolf-shape when the moon is full.   In similar fashion, he is a vegetarian when he has the choice (about three weeks a month).  To this end, he successfully tends an herb window box and a small vegetable garden outside his apartment, which also has the convenience of a dog flap for those times when Magnus lacks the convenience of thumbs.  His natural inclinations to track and chase anything that runs away, along with a fantastic sense of smell, make him a capable investigator.  Magnus is sure his parents (a noble pedigree, to be sure) appreciate his weekly letters home, even if they are embarrassed of his chosen profession.  He can be relied on to take a bite out of crime (specifically from the hamstring and throat regions).

Werewolf (3)
Detective (3)
Vegan Chef (2)
Gardener (2)
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:30 AM »
Hahaha, McGruff.  ;D

You're a loose cannon McGruff!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:30:03 AM by Maze »

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »
Need MORE detectives.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
We need more aggressive methods. Lt. Maze, set PM Spam to wide angle shot and give me a ping; a single ping, if you will.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »
I'll just put my key in this weird slot, turn it and press the red button that says "Obletarate"[sic], does that work?

By the way, for Leer Royal, change "Lawyer(3)" for "Forensics(3)". :) :) :)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 11:39:02 AM »
Isn't that what I ping is? That's why I thought we'd only need the one.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:17 PM »
Isn't that what I ping is? That's why I thought we'd only need the one.

I have no idea what you just said.

So, it turns out the "Obletarate"[sic] button just went in all my game save files of practically all games on my computers and renamed all my characters "Penishead". Quite the let down. :(

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
Honestly, not sure why we even had it installed.

Back on course: let's just ask some people directly. I'll send out some PMs.

Iconian

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »
Rial Tammner- Half-Drow Detective
Once an interrogator for the Army, Tammner was discharged during a prolonged outbreak of peace. He promptly went to work putting his investigative skills to use for the police. Over many hours in the interrogation room, Tammner gained an almost preternatural ability to make people talk, however these long sessions meant that he is more than a little in love with the sound of his own voice. This gives him a tendency to rant and ramble when the mood takes him. He still corresponds with his mother, his father having "run away" while he was at training camp one summer, who is pleased with his choice of occupation.

Skills
Interrogation 3
Epic Speechifiyin' 3
Psychoanalysis 2
Detective 2

Ashler

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:57 PM »
Hi Everbody! Long time listener, first time poster. I heard Ross mention this game and had to see what was going on. Love the concept and love Risus. Im even an  I.O.R. member.
So to get to the point of this post I am curious to see if this game still has an opening? If so I would love to join. I've only seen pbp in passing but would like to give it a try. So to get started all I need to do is post a character here?

hope to hear from you soon,
Ash

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
Yeah it is still open. Post a character here and then I will start a new thread for the game.

dragonshaos

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:09 PM »
Ill read over the Risus rules when I get a chance but I'd like to participate!  As a detective!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!