Author Topic: My insane work weekend  (Read 5701 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
My insane work weekend
« on: July 18, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »
Hey guys,

Thought I'd decompress a bit and tell everyone about my crappy weekend that I'm having. I have to work some insane hours this weekend as we practice for a major code deployment that will occur in 3 weeks. So, not only do I have crappy hours this weekend, I will again in 3 weeks.

I am in the office as I write this, 4am Saturday morning, Central Time in the US. I got here at 1:30am. This shift ends at 5am, for me.

I will be back at 9:30pm tonight, and that shift ends at 6am Sunday morning. Gak!!!

Why couldn't I have been a career arsonist? They keep their own hours and really love their work... so I hear.  :D
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: My insane work weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
This is why I left my shift changing job and setted into something that was straight up 8am to 5pm. Less exciting and less of that 24 hour merry-go-round crap.

I hear kidnapping is a good job these days. Stable position, even in is economy. Get to travel, meet people, write letters. As long as you make sure not to kidnap anybody who Liam Neeson or Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis happens to be portraying the father of you should do alright for yourself.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »
This is why I left my shift changing job and setted into something that was straight up 8am to 5pm. Less exciting and less of that 24 hour merry-go-round crap.

I hear kidnapping is a good job these days. Stable position, even in is economy. Get to travel, meet people, write letters. As long as you make sure not to kidnap anybody who Liam Neeson or Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis happens to be portraying the father of you should do alright for yourself.

LAWL!

Sorry to hear about your work schedual. Over nights suck!

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »
Very narrow silver lining:  Cole can't wake you up in the middle of the night.  This time, it's work that interferes with your sleep schedule!  You already sort of resent work, and don't have to deal with that sort-of-guilty feeling of resenting your child for not letting you sleep!

(Man, I sound like a horrible parent.)

If it makes you feel better, my brakes started to grind on the way home from the grocery store, so now I have to go into work and fix them this afternoon.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »
monday 7 am to 5pm then 6pm till 2am
tuesday 9 am io 5 pm then 6 pm to 3am
wednesday 10 am to 3pm
thursday same as tuesday
friday same as tuesday
wekends off till september then class on saturday and wednesday

now thats a crapy week (not to say your week sucks but `yeah)
Kenders Rock