Poll

Would your players be able to survive the Zombacalypse?

Yes, they even destroyed all the Zombies!
0 (0%)
Yes!  United they stand strong.
2 (20%)
Sortof!  At least one or two survived...
3 (30%)
Nope, they eat brains now.
1 (10%)
They started the damn Zombacalypse.
2 (20%)
They tried, but ended up setting cows on fire...
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Could your players survive the Zombacalypse  (Read 23666 times)

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
Re: Could your players survive the Zombacalypse
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
you know what would be fun to run, would be a zombie apocalyse where your players are the zombies not the survivors. I know ross had talked about that game "all flesh must be eaten" but I cant find it at my local comic shop.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »
It's fun. Basic game alone has about six ways to run a zombie themed game. I found a copy in a second hand book store, you'd probably be best off ordering it online.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »
Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide is a must-buy for any self-respecting zombie connaisseur. It's go a lot of useful information, most of it concerns only a specific brand of zombies (slow ones) but it is such a great tool for both GM and players alike that you should definitely look into it. At worst, a zombie game can be run using any system that doesn't let you chop their head off by dozens with a katana. (Unless that's what you want.)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »
I've done Last Blood style zombie campaigns. If you have that sort of group than it can be fun.

But as far as real horror goes, Max Brooks made some damned good zombies.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
yeah I have a copy of the zombie survial guide. its a good read. felt alittle like a text book. when I got time Im gonna move on to Z-day.

you know what would be cool is to run a Marvel Zombies game. have the players be superheros during a zombie apocalypse and see there fellow superheros turn into zombies and come after them. it allows the players to feel over confident and super powered till you drop the bomb that they can be infected. its like the story goes zombies are only dangerous in groups..... unless you startle the witch. then your fucked.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem