Author Topic: How much do you game per week?  (Read 14267 times)

Phelanar

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Stop nuzzling the instrument of my vengeance
    • View Profile
How much do you game per week?
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
Just kind of curious about how much other people game in a given week. Give it however you want, how many hours, how many days, sessions, whatever.

I'm about to start my 4th game, this time D&D4e, to go with the weekly Shadowrun, bi-weekly (sorta) Dark Heresy, and the Saturday gaming that's now kind of a mess. D&D will go about 5 hours, Dark Heresy rarely more than 3 per session, Shadowrun goes about 4, and the Saturday Star Wars/Mutants & Masterminds game usually went anywhere from 7-9 hours.
A great ninja move is like great jazz. Nobody is aware of it and anyone who saw it live is now dead.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: How much do you game per week?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:58:31 AM »
I used to run games on Saturday and Sunday til the sunday group fell apart.

Right now I play in a 4E DnD game on the weekend (the day changes) which clocks around four hours, sometimes longer.

I play a Tuesday night game (right now it's Hunter: The Vigil, will become Shadowrun later on) that runs four or five hours.

Play-by-post games can take up several hours over the week.

So, on average I'd say ten to twelve hours of gaming a week, not counting my prep work and general obsessing over gaming.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:05:32 AM »
I would say, on average, 1-2 sessions per week. I've been running a weekly Mage: The Ascension campaign for a while now, and usually if I miss a week, someone will step in and fill the gap. There's also the occasional weekend where my friends and I will hold what we call a "gaming tent," a reference to the fact that when we were in high school, we'd have gaming sleepovers in an eight person tent that I purchased for that purpose. These marathon sessions are usually eight to twelve hours long, divvied up into two or three hour blocks of time during which each of us take turns running, and last well into the wee hours of the morning. However, these are becoming far less frequent now, and usually don't include the overnight any longer.

All told, I think gaming occupies 4-5 hours of my life per week, with exceptions.

Tissue

• I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »
Trying to juggle work and the band i find that i don't get to play every week.  Plus a lot of my groups are busy too I play maybe twice a month, if i'm lucky.  I wish i could play more.
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:54 AM »
Although I'd love it to be more, I game once a week on a sunday. Those sessions pretty much last from 4pm-11pm including eating and derailing chatter.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:36 AM »
All of my gaming is online via play-by-post at Role Play Online, (www.rpol.net), so it's hard to gauge how much time I spend each week there, but I'd say it's at least 3 hours a week, all together.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »
If i could do it every day, as long as its a diffrent game I would do it that way otherwise Im lucky to get a group of 4 people in the same room and do it on every other weekend for 4-5 hours. But as my sig says I WoW a lot haha!

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
I'm in the same boat with Jon; I don't have a local group right now, so I participate in three PbP games on RPOL.   I did get an invite to a weekly 4E game, but their schedule conflicts with my work, so it's a no-go.

EDIT:  Right, way to go Dawn, don't actually answer the question.  I spend probably an hour or two per week on RPOL; I spend more time reading and re-reading gaming books to try and think of ideas.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
I'm in the same boat with Jon; I don't have a local group right now, so I participate in three PbP games on RPOL.   I did get an invite to a weekly 4E game, but their schedule conflicts with my work, so it's a no-go.

EDIT:  Right, way to go Dawn, don't actually answer the question.  I spend probably an hour or two per week on RPOL; I spend more time reading and re-reading gaming books to try and think of ideas.

Yep, me and Dawnsteel are birds of a feather.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Phelanar

• Stop nuzzling the instrument of my vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »
If i could do it every day, as long as its a diffrent game I would do it that way otherwise Im lucky to get a group of 4 people in the same room and do it on every other weekend for 4-5 hours. But as my sig says I WoW a lot haha!

What's scary? I haven't played WoW in 2 years and I still have more hours /played than you do. Around 5500, give or take.
A great ninja move is like great jazz. Nobody is aware of it and anyone who saw it live is now dead.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
well I play once a week on wednesday we show up 3 pm and we leave at midnight 1 am
theres alot of bs
Kenders Rock

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »
I technically have three games a week now.  My Friday night with Ross and Friends, my theoretical group on Saturday that happens maybe once every month, and another game on Sunday with more Ross and Friends.  "Busy as a dyke in a hardware store".  George Carlin.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:26:53 PM by Tom Church »
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »

What's scary? I haven't played WoW in 2 years and I still have more hours /played than you do. Around 5500, give or take.

well the hours i have now are compiled from the last year or so, but i have played wow since feb of 06 or so. so between all my toons i have tons and tons of days logged on. i just havent allways had x fire tracking it haha!

ethan_dawe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
My group tries to play every other week. Some of them actually play in several groups so they may play each week. With life getting in the way we average once per month over the last two years for the game I'm running. Most of that is my fault as I've taken several months off before.

wrotenbe

• RAWRF
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 03:13:58 AM »
I have around three different gaming groups I associate with. They meet at various times, some weekly and others bi-weekly, and the games played are often very different. Right now, I'm running a 4E game and playing in a game of Slipstream, RIFTS (fuck I hate that system) and playing in what looks like an abortive Fading Suns d20 game which is going to become a nWoD Requiem for Rome game which I'll also be running.