Author Topic: ShaunCon 27 (November 19-22 in Kansas City)  (Read 9248 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
ShaunCon 27 (November 19-22 in Kansas City)
« on: July 22, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to announce that ShaunCon is coming up again in November. It is always the weekend before the Thanksgiving weekend.

I just submitted two Call of Cthulhu games that I am going to run there. The first one is "Curse of the Yellow Sign: Act 1 - Digging for a Dead God". This scenario is written by John Wick. It is a small enough "sandbox" scenario that I think I can easily run it in the 4 hour allotment.

The second is "The Faculty Party". This is a scenario that I wrote. This is my Halloween Contest entry that I just sent in to Chaosium. So even if it doesn't make the cut into their monograph, I still want to run it at ShaunCon. My scenario is also a "sandbox" format, so I feel very confident that I can run it too within the 4 hour time limit.

If anyone is able to attend ShaunCon in November, and would like to play in either of my games, please let me know and I will keep you posted on how to register for my games. If it is anything like last year, players will have the ability to register online for specific games so you can reserve you spot at the table.

Ross & Tom! You guys were able to attend last year and we ran and recorded Murder of Crows. That was an ok game. I really really really think you guys will love John Wick's game, "Digging for a Dead God", and I can't help but feel like a proud papa on my game, "The Faculty Party". I would absolutely love it if you guys could come to ShaunCon again.

I hope to see you guys there!
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: ShaunCon 27 (November 19-22 in Kansas City)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »
I'll come if I can, if only for the chance to meet some RPPR loyalists and play a CoC game with some experienced players.

I'll have to example my finances after PAX, the travel costs for getting there'll up my costs.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »
I'll come if I can, if only for the chance to meet some RPPR loyalists and play a CoC game with some experienced players.

I'll have to example my finances after PAX, the travel costs for getting there'll up my costs.

I wanna go to PAX!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »
I have no idea if Tom and I will be able to go - I am going to gencon, dragoncon and hawaii in August and September. If I manage to recover by then, perhaps?

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 10:03:42 PM »
I'm up for it.  A road trip to KC is a lot shorter than a drive to Indianapolis.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »
If anyone is able to come to ShaunCon, send me an email and I'll send you my phone number.

email: jonhook@gmail.com
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »
I have no idea if Tom and I will be able to go - I am going to gencon, dragoncon and hawaii in August and September. If I manage to recover by then, perhaps?

wanna trade lifes with a board security guard????

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »

wanna trade lifes with a board security guard????

The trick is to get other people to pay for part or all of your trip. I am going to Gencon and Dragoncon by helping Arc Dreams out and family is pitching in for the Haiwaii trip.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »
even with all that, I am going to be broke as hell after dragon con.