Author Topic: I'm really really sorry  (Read 20990 times)

arthwollipot

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I'm really really sorry
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
I have been forced to unsubscribe from the podcast. I'm really sorry about that. It's not because I hate you, I promise. I have limited download capacity, and limited listening time. The New World actual play sessions kill both. It's a real bummer because I was actually enjoying it. But I have to give it up. I really don't like having to do that, and I'm sorry. Circumstances are bad right now. Can you forgive me?
This cloaking device is heavily destroyed.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: I'm really really sorry
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:33:15 AM »
sorry to hear that.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:40:36 AM »
well you can still chat here
Kenders Rock

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »

Maybe! The inner circle still needs to vote on that.  :P
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:54:33 PM »
well i vote yes
and im pretty sure im not in the circle
I still vote yes
Kenders Rock

Neberu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »
Why don't you just skip the New World APs. Thats what I do.

arthwollipot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
iTunes downloads all of them automatically. I haven't yet worked out a way of telling it to download some, but not all, of a particular feed.

arthwollipot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »
Yes, I can. When I remember. I already have a whole bunch of forums, and this particular one is blocked when I'm at work.

I really really hate this. I enjoy the podcast, and it has had a demonstrable effect on my gaming (see last Halloween...). It's a good 'cast. But the Actual Plays blow out my capacity.

I don't suppose there'd be a chance of separating the APs into a separate feed?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »
iTunes downloads all of them automatically. I haven't yet worked out a way of telling it to download some, but not all, of a particular feed.

One neat thing about wordpress is that you can get feeds of specific categories for example http://slangdesign.com/rppr/category/podcast-episode/feed/
only shows posts under that category.

or you can exclude the actual play category and get everything else with this http://slangdesign.com/rppr/index.php?feed=rss2&cat=-12

That being said, I am going to set up a RPPR actual play podcast to handle the sheer amount of AP episodes I have recorded. I don't know when I'll have time to do this though.

Neberu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

Oh thats Cake.

Whenever you hit refresh on your podcast screen and it starts downloading an AP you don't want just click that little "x" at the right end of the first column and it will stop downloading it. Once you do this once it will never download that episode again. Also if you want to clean up your que you can then just right click on the episode and delete it from your computer.

I don't listen to the New Word AP's cuz the language is too severe and I never have to download them and my RPPR podcast list is currently only 1 episode long because I've listened to and deleted all the rest.

You can actually go into the "Settings" button at the bottom the Podcast Index page where it lists all the podcasts your subscribed to and change your settings so that they will only download when you manually go in and click "refresh" this way you can look exactly at what it wants to download and easily slap it into cooperation.

arthwollipot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:32 AM »

Oh thats Cake.

Whenever you hit refresh on your podcast screen and it starts downloading an AP you don't want just click that little "x" at the right end of the first column and it will stop downloading it. Once you do this once it will never download that episode again. Also if you want to clean up your que you can then just right click on the episode and delete it from your computer.

I don't listen to the New Word AP's cuz the language is too severe and I never have to download them and my RPPR podcast list is currently only 1 episode long because I've listened to and deleted all the rest.

You can actually go into the "Settings" button at the bottom the Podcast Index page where it lists all the podcasts your subscribed to and change your settings so that they will only download when you manually go in and click "refresh" this way you can look exactly at what it wants to download and easily slap it into cooperation.
Except that would require effort. :D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 03:20:17 AM »
I just posted the solution - GAWD

Neberu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 11:02:22 PM »
Only problem Ross is that feeds aren't compatible with Itunes so it doesn't sync with our lovely ipods and thusly also requires effort.

arthwollipot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »
What's the solution?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »
Only problem Ross is that feeds aren't compatible with Itunes so it doesn't sync with our lovely ipods and thusly also requires effort.

really? Huh. Didn't know that. It's a standard RSS feed so you could subscribe to it through google reader and move it over manually.

Podpress (the podcasting plugin for wordpress I use for RPPR) is a great plugin but it's not being updated anymore and I'd like to figure out a way to manage multiple podcast feeds through a single wordpress install. Any thoughts or wordpress gurus out there?