Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 242751 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
New world campaign
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »
I just noticed we dont realy have a discustion thread in here on the new world campain. or im just retarted and did not see it. anyways I realy enjoyed the new player in episode 11. sorry I did not catch your name but I enjoyed your warforge. a little rusty at the start of it but im sure most people are when they are handed a new sheet they have never seen. either way great job.

Lock slowly turining evil, fighting the evil back when he can love the whole wanna be a lich but dont wanna just go stright down the plunge into darkness.

tom allways trying to do the right thing while his partners skate on the edge of a knife with the law.

jayson... i hope thats your name if its not I appoligise like I said befor im prob semi retarted. the orc warlord is great. I love how you try your best to solve things diplomatic first but in true orc fasion bashing things works just as well.

ross of course one of the best gm's I have heard love your little plot twost and hooks you put infront of your pcs to drive them around every wich way you can.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:47:45 PM by clockworkjoe »

Green artificial light

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: New world campain
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:52:19 AM »
I am also really enjoying the New World campaign. Boyos just mentioned it , but this may well be my favorite AP with Tom. It really showcases his role playing ability being in the face of ideas and options which often collide with his characters moral code.
So its 3 am and im seriously thinking about ordering "Monster Ballads" ...please help

Murph

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »
I know there's a Cody worsip thread already, but I really enjoy the gradual fall of Locke. 

I'm actually running a campaign also, and I find it interesting how many parrellels and how many things are completly different.

My players do like the gripoli, but not to the fanatical extent as this group.  They have a gripoli follower who is the apprentice to a PC monk named Lumpy who is the group mascot.

But next to wushu dodgeball, this is the best actual play.

They are far more interested in the politics between the tribes.  They aren't as interested in grabbing power in the colony itself.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
Mike is the new player in this episode and he eventually settles into a pretty important role. I really like his character "Watcher" and I'm not sure why.

What I like about Locke is that he does all the wrong things, but does them for the right reasons. He is trying to be a good guy, but he just can't seem to figure it out. Trust me, it gets worse.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:10:48 PM »
Mike is the new player in this episode and he eventually settles into a pretty important role. I really like his character "Watcher" and I'm not sure why.

What I like about Locke is that he does all the wrong things, but does them for the right reasons. He is trying to be a good guy, but he just can't seem to figure it out. Trust me, it gets worse.

trust me I cant waite haha!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 11:11:59 PM »
Mike was an enjoyable surprise. Watcher was a surprising insightful character and I love his idea for forming a power group from high ranking members of the coloney.

Murph

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »

I completely agree.  Locke does some really evil things.  But it makes sense when he does them.  Most people I've seen try to play that type of character fucks it up by doing evil shit, but for no real apparent reasons.  All those "I kill the random guy in a bar/peasant on the street/man who accidentally bumped me"

The whole "I'll feed him a goblin" was a wonderful moment.  It was a perfectly utilitarian solution to the problem, and would probably have saved more lives than an all out attack.  The fact that he considered it showed a lot of character developement

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 12:24:49 AM »
Mike was an enjoyable surprise. Watcher was a surprising insightful character and I love his idea for forming a power group from high ranking members of the coloney.

illuminati baby!

Stone cutters guild!

AstroCreep

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
I stumbled across this while looking though old TSR Monster Cards and saw this...
*sorry for the horrible image quality, don't have a real image editor on this thing*

I have to say, I like your version of the Grippli a whole lot better.

xHero

• Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
    • View Profile
    • Swing And A Miss Forums
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm hearing things or not, but in New World game 12 about 2 hours and 24 minutes into the game does Tom say "This is where Joss just smiles at you, looks at the character sheet..." Was he implying that just like Joss Whedon, Ross loves to get his characters really involved and then murder the fuck out of them?
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »
Just restarted the new world campaign - due to gencon and dragoncon, we stopped for 5 weeks.

Season 27 was great - no combat but lots of great roleplaying - intrigue and moral dilemmas.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 02:36:17 AM »
Does having people on the internet actually demand to listen to you guys play help to modivate your players to line their schedules up?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 02:37:54 AM »
Does having people on the internet actually demand to listen to you guys play help to modivate your players to line their schedules up?
no idea to be honest

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 02:41:12 AM »
I'd never really thought about it before, just kind of occurred to me. How many gaming groups can claim they have literal fans? There are people on this board who are willing to pay money to listen to other people play Dungeons and Dragons (and other games). Just seems like the kind of thing that would make me want to ensure I played alot. An ego stroking sort of thing. I suppose the extreme time delay between play and recording posting offsets that alot though.

Still. Weird to think about.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Ean just drew everyone's favorite goblin, Balgron the Fat http://artfulshrapnel.blogspot.com/2009/09/npc-day-part-1-balgron-fat.html