Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 244872 times)

TigerStorm

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »
No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

I'll have what she's having...

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »
I need to thank you guys for the New World.  I'm running a varient of it for my players (I've thrown in extreme evangelical Bahamet worshipping Kobolds and a steel dragon that's slowing trying to take over the colony).  Between the 3 of them they have a half century of RP experience.   I on the other hand have been playing since the summer of 06.  Just aping what you guys do has my players so enthralled that they're ignoring my total lack of GM skills.  I want to have them listen to the show so they hear the insanity that is you people...but that would ruin the game.  Once they hit paragon I'll tell them which ones they can listen to.  : )

And they also don't work for people who are jerks.

awesome! I'm glad you're able to run a great campaign. Just so you guys know, the primer has over 12,000 downloads so far and the goblin hulk has over 10,000 downloads - not counting third party torrent sites - and to give you some perspective on numbers in the rpg community - take a look here http://www.deadlyfredly.com/2010/01/evil-hat-sales-2009-observations/ a top seller on rpgnow.com will get a few hundred in sales - freebies are different obviously but I'm pretty pleased with the response so far.

Ross, I'll most definitely buy any New World shit from rpgnow.com. I'd buy it even if they were lower quality than the freebies.

mrlr

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
So there's been talk of a fight between some of the new world players.  Any details on this?

I'm imagining Cody softly talking down Bill who has a knife to Tom's throat, while Mike lay bleeding on the floor.  But I could be wrong...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 11:35:06 PM »
Bill and Mike disagree on various things at various points.

Don't want to spoil it beyond that.

As for selling New World material on rpgnow.com - I think the ransom model works better overall for now. I'm certainly happy with it. I will raise the amount of the ransom next time though :)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
You'll almost have to with me writing so much on it.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
You'll almost have to with me writing so much on it.

Ah, I see how it is. Dr. Walker doesn't come cheap, eh? Gotta raise those funds to get the quality C. "Wilt Chamberlain" Walker work, eh?

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »
Enjoyed the new episode.  I'm honestly a little jealous sometimes when I listen because the group I game with would much rather beat the minotaur's head in in a rather tedious combat than attempt something as amusing as you all did.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
I love when we bullshit our way through things. The idea of pulling off a big lie to this Minotaur is just funny as hell to me.

The sentence "And may you bathe in the blood of virgins and babies too" is hilarious when you say it with a polite and nonchalant voice as if this is just a standard greeting between two friends.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

TigerStorm

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »
The sentence "And may you bathe in the blood of virgins and babies too" is hilarious when you say it with a polite and nonchalant voice as if this is just a standard greeting between two friends.

As if it is? You mean you don't normally greet your friends that way? hmmm... I may need to re-examine who my friends are.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »

Wish granted! New marketing makes every national holiday and weekend Christmas. Happy X-mas 23! You will now be working extra hours to pay for the backlog of presents you owe your family and friends.

I wish I could hear the New World episodes 23 - 30 (odd) that have been played but not posted.

I just want to know how many New World sessions are there currently?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
I think about 10

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »
I don't know how you do it, Ross.  If I had as large of a backlog of APs as you've told us you do, I would get way too impatient with a once-a-week release schedule.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »
I don't know how you do it, Ross.  If I had as large of a backlog of APs as you've told us you do, I would get way too impatient with a once-a-week release schedule.

yeah but it takes effort to encode, upload and post a new episode.

Ugh.

Effort.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2010, 10:58:18 PM »

yeah but it takes effort to encode, upload and post a new episode.

Ugh.

Effort.

It also takes like... four fucking hours of uninterrupted computer processing time. IF it doesn't crash. :[

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
What the hell are you guys doing over there?  4 hours to encode and upload an episode seems pretty long.  You should upgrade from that 386 Ross. 

As a reference, it takes me less than an hour to edit anything out, add intro/outro, level sound, reduce the volume on a few select bits, save as MP3 from WAV, and edit ID3 tags.  (uploading can take over an hour if the interweb is going slowly)

Just wondered what else I'm missing here.  I feel like I should be doing a hell of a lot more stuff with my podcast if it's supposed to take that long.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil