Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 245441 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
Still, the man knows how to tell a story. It was entertaining if you're into the myth of Mike, and I am so I thought it was cool as hell even if it isn't true.

This is why I love mike, His first few sessions were great. Granted the later few ehh kinda down hill, but I still enjoyed his storys. I know some people that would make mike look like an angel with the amount of shit they could stack so maybe im washed out from that, then again only hearing storys 2nd hand dont do the shit stacking justice.

My question is, since "Mike is handsome, athletic and doesn't talk or act like a stereotypical D&D nerd." How did you guys start gaming with him?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2010, 01:39:12 AM »
He's a friend of Jason.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
The Mike Mythos.

That wasn't so bad, besides the fact that Mike may be the most full of shit guy I have ever heard.

I thought it was gonna be worse.

Let's also remember that Mike was telling this story in front of Karee in a way to say "hey, check this out, I'm a fuckstud." Never mind that Karee and I are married.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »
Patrick brings up an excellent point.

The content was bad, but the fact that Karee seemed really offended and Patrick LEFT THE ROOM never occurred to Mike that he was going to far. Karee's jaw was permanently locked open in the "who the hell does this guy think he is?" position.

I love a good story, but it was just so long that I couldn't handle it.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2010, 10:10:11 AM »
it was just so long that I couldn't handle it.

thats what she said

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »

thats what she said

Curses! Hoisted by my own petard!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »

thats what she said

Curses! Hoisted by my own petard!
One of my friends says this ALL THE TIME (and yet I love the phrase still)...

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Patrick brings up an excellent point.

The content was bad, but the fact that Karee seemed really offended and Patrick LEFT THE ROOM never occurred to Mike that he was going to far. Karee's jaw was permanently locked open in the "who the hell does this guy think he is?" position.

I love a good story, but it was just so long that I couldn't handle it.

Fucking hilarious.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »
Karee had a really great quote about it at the time, but I don't remember what it was. When I brought this thread up earlier, she goes, "He reminds me of a 13 year old boy who gets a girlfriend and then brags about what he's done with them. If he didn't have a kid, I would say 'I bet he's never seen a boob.'"
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

KallMeKip

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »
Question is he one of those guys who will always try to one your story?

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
Karee had a really great quote about it at the time, but I don't remember what it was. When I brought this thread up earlier, she goes, "He reminds me of a 13 year old boy who gets a girlfriend and then brags about what he's done with them. If he didn't have a kid, I would say 'I bet he's never seen a boob.'"

Hahahahah.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »

You dont have to see boobs to knock up a girl.

Doc Brown

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
Kinda sad. I was worried two specific times, when Mike was talking about the Hunter's Quarry thing, and then obviously the veto thing. Both times I'm pretty sure he was wrong, but above all totally domineering. My thought was "woah please take a step back my man, this isn't a lost in translation thing, chill". I tend to do that when I've been drinking heavily, admittedly, so I recognize it, although I have no idea if he or anyone else drinks a lot during these sessions.

Anyway I'll miss Mike and his orator voice which he used to frequently misuse words or totally make them up, it was endearing.

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
Question is he one of those guys who will always try to one your story?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Do those Charmin bears shit in the woods?
Does the pope wear a funny hat?
Does Cthulhu eat 1d6 investigators per round?

Mike is the master of one-upsmanship, provided the outside world has synchronized with his self-centered universe. Out here in reality, you can guarantee he will always try, but the result will usually result in one of the following: 1.) you begin to understand the undeniably massive sense of entitlement the man possesses, 2.) you bleach out your eyes, ears, tongue, and other sense organs, but still feel dirty, 3.) you lose 2d6 SAN, and are draw into a conversation about record-breaking ejaculations. None of these truly top your story, but after a while, just the fact that no matter what you say, he's got a response he considers superior begins to eat at your soul. You are Butters, and he is The Simpsons.

There's an ultimate bomb I'd really like to drop on this thread re: Mike (well, two in fact), but I'm pretty sure it'd piss Ross off to the high heavens, and I don't wanna be the first RPPR player banned from the forums.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2010, 07:36:16 PM »
yeah let's stop with the mike stuff for now. I'll put up a new episode tonight.