Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 245122 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
I love how Cody's divinations are always correct, he's a real seer of a wizard - No healthcare, Lost is gone. Love the Actual Plays, post more.
What can I say? I've played Locke so much that his foresight has now transferred to me in my real life. D&D is magic, kids. You can't even hold it. *looks off pensively*

Probably a good thing the game ended before more aspects of Locke's life bled through the barrier between the game and reality into Cody's life.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
I love how Cody's divinations are always correct, he's a real seer of a wizard - No healthcare, Lost is gone. Love the Actual Plays, post more.
What can I say? I've played Locke so much that his foresight has now transferred to me in my real life. D&D is magic, kids. You can't even hold it. *looks off pensively*

Probably a good thing the game ended before more aspects of Locke's life bled through the barrier between the game and reality into Cody's life.

Heh. Yeah . . .

:'( :'( :'(

No joke that my moral compass is a little fucked up now. Everything is now shades of grey to me.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

B.A. Baracus

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • I need work
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
Locke and who else?

Pontifex? :D

also I didn't listen to this episode before I posted it so what the hell are you talking about iceeemaker

the orc guy who was dating the priest lady or whatever developed I guess

also when will RJ come back because I have it on good authority that it goes real bad real fast
I need work

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2010, 01:15:35 PM »
It's my understanding that RJ returns the next game (if memory serves correctly) but it isn't until Epic Tier that he gets REALLY involved with everything.

Also, if Ross posts the games I ran set during the days when Cortez came to the New World, then you'll see RJ in rare form.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2010, 02:01:34 AM »
Iceemaker - Thank you so much for including your local law firm! We may sound facetious when we want people to post their own law firms, but I really do want to know.

Here is the firm we were talking about with that actor whose name we couldn't think of (it's Robert Vaughn)

http://www.tbmlaw.com/

And here is another version of the commercial for another firm by him. Our commercial was EXACTLY the same except that he said, "And tell them you. mean. business."

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

I've always loved the way he said "If you've been INJured in a car accident" with his little head bob like he was a chicken pecking for seeds (not sure if he still does it the same way though, I don't watch commercials anymore, specially local ones, and too shitty internet to watch the video.)  I've always randomly started walking around muttering "if you've been INJured" for no reason (in between getting the duck tales theme stuck in my head, even though I've never heard it in years and dont even know any of the words except a few).  

Never knew they just used the same commercials for other crappy law firms, makes it feel less special (dont think I even heard of robert vaughn before, looking through IMDB i think the only thing I've seen him in is Teenage Caveman on MST3k, always thought he was just some local stooge [probably musgrave]) Now I'll never look on the Law Offices of Tollbooth, Beetle and Muskrat the same way again, curse you internet, you ruin everything.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:05:03 AM by Joven »

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
I've only ever seen two movies with him:

1) Magnificent Seven - he's the first one to die if memory serves correctly. He's still pretty badass and sleazy in the film.

2) BASEketball - Yes, he was the main villain in Matt Stone and Trey Parker's inspirational sports film.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »

He is, and will always be, the Man from U.N.C.L.E. Done.

Thoguh him telling Jenny McCarthy sleezy things to do in Baseketball was fun.

ZEKE

• REO Speedealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2010, 03:50:16 AM »
Iceemaker - Thank you so much for including your local law firm! We may sound facetious when we want people to post their own law firms, but I really do want to know.

Here is the firm we were talking about with that actor whose name we couldn't think of (it's Robert Vaughn)

http://www.tbmlaw.com/

And here is another version of the commercial for another firm by him. Our commercial was EXACTLY the same except that he said, "And tell them you. mean. business."

FWIW, I present to you, Jim Adler.  The Texas Hammer.  

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

This is 'HAMMER' actually sort of restrained compared to 'HAMMER' his usual fare.  He's shouting 'HAMMER' about every 8 'HAMMER' or so seconds in the 'HAMMER' commercials running right 'HAMMER' now.

Back on topic though, Cody was on fire that night.  Locke's probably my favorite character now.  Right behind that hydra.  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:31:20 PM by ZEKE »
urlgrey

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
Jim Adler is a total badass! I appreciate that he told us how much one of his clients was awarded to the fucking penny!

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »
Jim Adler is a total badass! I appreciate that he told us how much one of his clients was awarded to the fucking penny!

I was thinking about this myself, not only does he tell the whole thing, but he emphasizes each part of the number...

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
ROSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harold

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »
I briefly interrupt this discussion to announce that I've started listening to the New World AP podcasts and that I'm having a lot of fun. You guys rock :)

And I really hope you'll be able to save those gripplis from the goblin's clutch (I'm just finishing session 4).

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2010, 01:32:32 AM »
Boy oh boy you got a way to go. Its a fun ride though.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
So I know this is way after the fact, but is Redgar supposed to be a reference/nod to Regdar?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
So I know this is way after the fact, but is Redgar supposed to be a reference/nod to Regdar?

Homage to Sir Redgar Orphanbane, he who slaughtered orphans in an iron heroes game, of course.