Author Topic: The coolest thing you've made?  (Read 13045 times)

Nuncle

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • T.B. Photography
The coolest thing you've made?
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:22:03 PM »
Okay, here's a (hopefully) fun question for you to answer:

What is the best/coolest magical(or non) item you've personally created for your game?

In the game I'm running, the characters were looking for a stick to test the depth of the water they were about to cross. I rolled a percentage chance for them to find something suitable and it came up 00  :o  So they found a ten foot pole. But, not just any pole...The Ten Foot Pole. The Original. It's completely unbreakable and totally invulnerable. When the PC who found it doesn't need it, it vanishes into limbo, returning whenever he reaches for it. But, lest you think it's too powerful, it's also totally unable to be used for any violent act. If you try to swing at a creature, for example, it immediately vanishes, returning only when you need it for a non-fighting purpose. :)
     Okay, I admit it's kinda silly...but I love it, for some reason...   ;D
      So let's hear about your items!
"The Meek shall inherit the Earth...while the Strong escape to the Stars..."

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: The coolest thing you've made?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
The thing I am most proud of is an augmented Lightening Gun for Call of Cthulhu.

In Call of Cthulhu, the Lightening Gun is a hand-held weapon designed by the Great Race of Yith that shoots... wait for it... lightening!!

Well, I thought it being a hand-held device was too conveinant, so I redesigned it to be a full body harness. You wear the gun! There is also a chance that should the gun miss-fire, that it fries the user. I redesigned it into a really cool, but really dangerous weapon.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Sentinel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »
Back in college, a musician was joining our D&D group, and it was his first roleplaying experience. To hook him into the game, I gave his gnome bard a bright pink flying v ukulele. It was an intelligent item (it's INT score was the highest in the party), and had a bunch of weird powers, which I figured was appropriate for the bard. I gave it a name, a (female) personality, and a history that was really a love story between her and the hardest rocking warrior in history. The player really dug the whole thing, acting the part of the ukulele as if it and the gnome were a double act. He would even play a few ballads on his guitar when the gnome was jamming in the game.

It was silly, but it was fun, and that's what mattered.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »
My first D&D campaign featured a custom created artifact level item for each of the characters.

The best out of them was for the rogue. It was a mantle which allowed him a number of shape changing abilities per day. He could Alter Form at will and use Polymorph three times a day when he first got it but as he leveled he got more and more uses until, eventually, he could polymorph at will and use Shape Change three times a day.

By the end of the campaign, which stopped at level 20, he could Shape Change at will. And boy did he use that thing. It's part of a story I'll have to add to the MegaThread.

The other artifacts includes a combination hammer/axe used by the dwarven fighter and a staff for the cleric that could be changed into a treant by planting it in the ground.

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:45:48 AM »
Since my most recent Mage campaign takes place in New York City, I came up with a neat little item to help my players get around without resorting to ugly and vulgar Correspondence magicks. I decided to give them a Golden MetroCard, a subway pass that allowed them to conjure a subway stop wherever they needed one, be it a corner on the Upper East Side, where subway coverage is pretty light, or in truly bizarre places, such as behind a door that should lead to a broom closet or pantry. This granted them entry to a station served by the X Train, an unlisted line that could access any subway stop in the city without the nuisance of changing trains. The X Train also provided limited access to points beyond the five boroughs, such as other major cities around the world, but the access card became less reliable the farther they traveled from New York.

It never really came up, but I had also made notes for two additional lines, the Tau Train, which would allow Platinum Card members access to different points in New York City's history, as well as the Z Train, which connected you to most of the places described in the Book of Worlds.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:48:02 AM by IDaMan008 »

Nuncle

• View Profile
    • T.B. Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 02:16:17 PM »
It never really came up, but I had also made notes for two additional lines, the Tau Train, which would allow Platinum Card members access to different points in New York City's history, as well as the Z Train, which connected you to most of the places described in the Book of Worlds.

Cool!
     And of course, you also had the #Twenty-Two subway line ready to go...also known as the Two Two Train... ;D
"The Meek shall inherit the Earth...while the Strong escape to the Stars..."

xHero

• Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
    • View Profile
    • Swing And A Miss Forums
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:45:31 AM »
The dragon shaman in my campaign spent some time cornering a helpless commoner into a dining booth, and holding the poor guy's hand down on the table stabbing at it; narrowly missing each time he gave him an answer he didn't care for.

Thusly, I had the blacksmith create the Masterwork Fork of Intimidation!
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
The PC Hive Mind Cellphone:

Playing an oWoD mage game a few years back, my character was a virtual adept. The most useful items he created was an unjammable cellphone that rarely needed recharged. The best feature about the cellphone was that it included a panic button so that if another PC ever got in a situation they couldn't handle alone, all they had to do was press the panic button and a GPS grid would pop up on every other PCs phone and pinpoint the location of the other PC along with giving details about who was in trouble, etc. The cellphones became such an integrated part of the game that the GM gave up trying to prevent our characters from metagaming. Even when two of us got separated from the others and thrown about the realms and ended up on a moon base, my character rigged his cellphone to a com-relay so we could call home to earth.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »
How much paradox did that hive mind cell phone generate from your ST? My old ST for that would have had my ears bleed whenever I used the thing... (although the paradox effects were often a lot of fun on their own...)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
How much paradox did that hive mind cell phone generate from your ST? My old ST for that would have had my ears bleed whenever I used the thing... (although the paradox effects were often a lot of fun on their own...)

Actually none, since they were a series of magically enhanced electronic devices. They still ran in a real time atmosphere, just were tough to jam and were well encrypted.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »
Your ST sounds nice...

Order66

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »
from tenasios d

the pick of destiny

it is a simple pick for a gutar or lute that adds +50 on preform rolls for that insrument
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:30:37 PM by Order66 »

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
Although the DM of the campaign would probably have everyone think he made this up on his own, everyone in my first D&D party threw around Ideas for my friends character, he was a Half-Black Dragon Bard who was chaotic good. He was forced to act that way through an alignment effect(Which completely altered his personality as well as stats and class levels) Anyway together we came up with the idea for an invincible fiddle, which then was changed to an invincible cello that he would hit people with as a two handed club, then they decided that the cello had enough room to fit a Gnome and a Vanaran.

So after all that was done we had an Invincible Cello that could produce Otto's Irresistible Dance for as long as he played it DC 18 Will. That had waaay more storage space than was physically possible.     
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.