Author Topic: Fan Actual Plays  (Read 50789 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Fan Actual Plays
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
I found out that once you run the audo through Levelater that the really sharp dice sounds are reduced alot.

xHero

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
    • View Profile
    • Swing And A Miss Forums
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 12:57:18 AM »
I've got the mic suspended over the table to reduce dice clipping and exactly as the honorable Tadanori Oyama stated: Levelator
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »
the rppr table

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:25:35 AM by clockworkjoe »

xHero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 03:51:58 AM »
I'm listening to our newest AP... I've realized I have no podcast etiquette:

GM: describing the church
Me: (to player 2) "How's the wine?"
P2: "Good, what kind is it?"
Me: "Comes in a box, who knew"
P2: "What box?"
Me: "Kinda like a juicebox, but for alcoholics."
GM: description ensues.

I'm a winner.
In all sincerity though I'm dying to let you guys hear them. We're working on our site in our spare time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:58:14 PM by xHero »
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:34 AM »

Gaming is always improved under Comrade Lenin's benevolent gaze.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 09:21:58 AM »
Thanks, Ross!

The little tripod and the cover for your H2: Do those come with it, or are they accessory things that must be purchased?
EDIT: Found the answer on Zoom's site. They are both included with it, even tho the windscreen is not mentioned on Amazon.

EDIT ALSO: http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=055370 This. LOL. Turn your H2 into a treasure troll while protecting against extreme wind noise. (If you are experiencing wind issues at your gaming table, you need to reconsider the available snacks and food.)

I must say, it is great to see that my own gaming space is not much different (aside from being slightly more cramped). Only we are Pepsi people, and somehow not a single one of us has our obligatory Crown Royal bag.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:31:21 AM by ArtfulShrapnel »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »
I miss my old place at the gaming table. Directly to Ross' left and directly across from Tom, so both Tom and I could make fun of Ross' descriptions. Good times.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

xHero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 12:52:58 AM »
Setherick's avatar scares to poop out of me...that being said. Thanks for all the advice. I haven't had a problem since. I don't understand why but even with a 30 minute auto-save feature enabled, Cakewalk can't seem to record more than 90 minutes or so without deleting it once stop is pressed.

Audacity, being the amazing piece of software that it is, has not encountered such problems. Now I've got more AP's than I know what to do with. I don't have a fan base for my site so I can't wait 'til Ross get's to community site up and running.

P.S. Ross, is there any resources you need from the community the help facilitate this process?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:06:49 AM by xHero »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 01:36:33 AM »
Setherick's avatar scares to poop out of me...that being said. Thanks for all the advice. I haven't had a problem since. I don't understand why but even with a 30 minute auto-save feature enabled, Cakewalk can't seem to record more than 90 minutes or so without deleting it once stop is pressed.

Audacity, being the amazing piece of software that it is, has not encountered such problems. Now I've got more AP's than I know what to do with. I don't have a fan base for my site so I can't wait 'til Ross get's to community site up and running.

P.S. Ross, is there any resources you need from the community the help facilitate this process?

A CMS (content management system) backend to handle the files - uploading, tagging, etc - so people can register, upload files, have them verified by moderators then made public.

VilaWolf

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:32 AM »
Dropbox maybe? Though it's prolly not perfectly suited to RPPR needs, it can handle large file transfers and uploads/downloads...
https://www.getdropbox.com/ I dunno too much about it other than my brother says it's great.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 02:39:47 AM »
No, it needs to be a backend that I run on the website - like wordpress or drupal or something like that.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2009, 02:44:08 AM »
I've been trying free CMS programs. Since I have to upload them to my own server to test them out its taking awhile. Not as easy I thought it was going to be.

xHero

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
Well, Swing And A Miss is pretending to be up and running. I know there are some glitches in the site and podcast, but I'd love to hear you guys' opinions. We have a good variety of AP's up now and more being recorded weekly. </Shameless Plug>

ugnis13

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:55 AM »
did you only start recording on session 8?

xHero

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 01:58:47 AM »
The D&D game I started recording on session 7, we had some issues with recording software and a few players were essentially terrible. We will be releasing session 7 later in a series called, "How Not To Game."

Session 9, which I'm in the middle of editing, goes back to the basics in a new story arc which should be easy for listeners to follow.

Shadowrun: We started recording in the middle of a great story arc but it is definitely still worth the listen. Next week we begin a new story arc with new players, so keep listening.

VTM: Starts at the first session

Mutants and Masterminds: Should be up in a couple of weeks starting from the first game.

Call of Cthulhu: " "