Author Topic: Recommended Actual play podcasts  (Read 6149 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Recommended Actual play podcasts
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »
I'll start by saying RPPR's actual play podcasts are amazing. 

I'm the new GM of our group, they've all been playing for at lest 15 years each.....I started 3 years ago and I'm well pasted college.  At any rate I'm found the New Worlds actual play podcasts almost as education as they are funny. 

I've looking around a bit but i can't find anything close to sound and content quality here on RPPR.  Are there any actual podcasts that people can recommend?   Saga Edition in particular?  I ran a Saga Edition Chulthlu game inspired by what I heard hear and they enjoyed what I did so much they'd like a traditional Star Wars game.  I listen to d20 for technical information and ideas to throw at my players but I'm not very confident/experienced handing changes in my sessions when characters do things I don't expect so I listen to actual plays to hear how other gms handle screw balls players.   

Any suggestions?

thanks!
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Valegor

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Fear the Boot
Re: Recommended Actual play podcasts
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »
RPPR is the only actual play that I have enjoyed.  I have tried quite a few and generally the only thing they are good for is putting yourself to sleep.  This was the first actual play that actually was entertaining.  I'm curious to try what others recommend here as well because I for one can't find anything even remotely comparable. 

Sentinel

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
20 Weeks of Hell is quite good. It's an actual play/review podcast that separates the play and review into 2 parts. The nature of their show means each podcast is a different game, which can be good if you like to hear a variety of genres and different play styles.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
Radio Yog has some great Call of Cthulhu AP shows.