Author Topic: Eclipse Phase  (Read 600808 times)

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse Phase
« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
I'm tempted to go the Hyperelite route but I'm a little worried about buying dead-tree versions that might get outdated.  Has their been any major errata changes lately or has it sort of settled?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2013, 07:03:02 PM »
I'm tempted to go the Hyperelite route but I'm a little worried about buying dead-tree versions that might get outdated.  Has their been any major errata changes lately or has it sort of settled?

AFAIK The only major change has been the core book. If you're really curious, look at the errata for Sunward et all to see what mistakes they've made.

Mixmastermax

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Also Hyperelite background was not really all that changed from what I can think of off the top of my head

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
So Ross are you going to interview any of the Posthuman guys as they have a kickstarter up?
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 24, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »

AFAIK The only major change has been the core book. If you're really curious, look at the errata for Sunward et all to see what mistakes they've made.

so that explains why every game session of mine only lasted 3.14 sessions before the sun went nova...hopefully they fixed that bug
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Jacko

• Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »

The core book is what I meant!  Sorry, I should've been more clear about that. :D  I know there were significant changes (initiative and the d100 system among others) just from listening to the APs so my concern is getting 4 copies of the core book to pass around to my group and then getting another big mechanics change errata'd in.

After thinking about it some more this afternoon, I'm gonna do it anyways because the best way to convince my group to play a game is to put a book in their hands and let them absorb the material through osmosis.  ;D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2013, 12:23:31 AM »

The core book is what I meant!  Sorry, I should've been more clear about that. :D  I know there were significant changes (initiative and the d100 system among others) just from listening to the APs so my concern is getting 4 copies of the core book to pass around to my group and then getting another big mechanics change errata'd in.

After thinking about it some more this afternoon, I'm gonna do it anyways because the best way to convince my group to play a game is to put a book in their hands and let them absorb the material through osmosis.  ;D

the current printing of the core book has the proper rules. Only the first printing first edition has the wrong rules.

Jacko

• Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:04 AM »
Cool!  $250 chipped in, here's hoping the $30K goal is hit and you and Caleb get a bonus.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2013, 03:05:53 AM »
Cool!  $250 chipped in, here's hoping the $30K goal is hit and you and Caleb get a bonus.

Wait, the third stretch goal means Ross and Caleb get more money?

Upping my pledge immediately!

Deply Infomorphs!

These guys need a new pair of shoes

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
The $30,000 stretch goal was reached, enjoy your pay raise guys!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
15% more Rep, somebody gets to cut in the fabber line!

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
Some folks over on the Something Awful forums have started doing an AP of Eclipse Phase. More importantly, as of episode 4, they are playing a variant of Know Evil, and there have been a couple of sly cameos of the RPPR crew's characters as things have progressed.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Alright, what was once just a pitch has now come to pass. Maybe.

At $80K, Posthuman Studios will hire me to write a stand alone scenario that could also serve as a prequel for a group looking to start Know Evil.

In addition to being...well, just pretty darn swell for me, the success of this stretch goal would be a good sign that much lengthier publications (wink wink nudge nudge) might be in order.

There are 6 days left to pledge. Any an all support would be appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/transhuman-the-eclipse-phase-players-guide/posts/483020?ref=email&show_token=ffb0e9f56fdcc8d7

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
"Throws money at Kickstarter project." My jobs done.  ;D
Liquid Water?

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2013, 11:13:56 PM »
Alright, what was once just a pitch has now come to pass. Maybe.

At $80K, Posthuman Studios will hire me to write a stand alone scenario that could also serve as a prequel for a group looking to start Know Evil.

In addition to being...well, just pretty darn swell for me, the success of this stretch goal would be a good sign that much lengthier publications (wink wink nudge nudge) might be in order.

There are 6 days left to pledge. Any an all support would be appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/507486226/transhuman-the-eclipse-phase-players-guide/posts/483020?ref=email&show_token=ffb0e9f56fdcc8d7

Good. Goooood. Excellent! THE PROPHECY WILL BE ENACTED
So it was written (see what I did there) so it shall be!