Author Topic: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL  (Read 260062 times)

Murph

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 249
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #705 on: October 12, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »
Renay

500/???

Renay walks up to the pilgrim to turn in this quest to find out what is going on.
"So, pilgrim, are you and these orphans perhapse fleeing from the dragon we have been blood bound to slay?  Perhapse you know of the foul beast?"

Renay is going to find out everything this pilgrim knows about the dragon we are questing to slay
dragon-question skill!
Rolling 1d20:
(14): Total = 14


ArtfulShrapnel

  • I dream in graph paper lines
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #706 on: October 12, 2009, 01:53:50 PM »
Murkin (Who is such a good thief the story keeps losing sight of him)

Follows Renay over to the pilgrim to listen to his dragon-question story. Listens to the Pilgrim to determine if he is hiding anything in his ensuing explanation. (whatever it may be)

Sense Motive Rolling 1d20:
(14): Total = 14

clockworkjoe

  • BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
  • *****
  • Posts: 6517
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #707 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
The pilgrim knows of Ferugg the big ass Red Dragon some 5 hexes to the east but there's also Swampy the Black Dragon 2 hexes to the south.

He is planning to take the orphans to an adventurer's guild where they will become embittered loners with military grade training in hand to hand combat, assassination techniques and assorted skulduggery tricks. In other words, they will all become orc fighters, thieves or assassins but will claim to be half-orc.

Setherick

  • Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • *****
  • Posts: 2583
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #708 on: October 12, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »
Hairy Fapper and Five God

Hairy hates to break up a good party, but since he wasn't really set on the dragon slaying mission anyway, he and Five God promise to escort the orphaned orcs to their new home where they can become merciless adventurers. He even promise the orphan orcs that Five God will let them pick up his sword and they can help him put on his armor.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Murph

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 249
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #709 on: October 12, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
Renay
500/???

Renay looks and sees an orphan who looks like he has that special adventuers spark.  He feels like if he could bring the young Orc orphan under his wing, it would be totally sweet underling.  Renay approachesthe pilgrim
"hey ferugg, let's talk here.  Those orphans probably want to eat weekly.  I'll do you a favor and take this one off yer hands free of charge.  I'll teach em the stuff taking trade, as I am a master stuff taker.  What do you say there"

Fast talking !
Rolling 1d20:
(19): Total = 19

Boyos

  • President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • *****
  • Posts: 1618
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #710 on: October 12, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »
Atilla Redcap 70,045/140,000

Atilla is still nice an cozy asleep.

See if he wakes up

Rolling 1d20-5:
(7)-5: Total = 2

ugnis13

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #711 on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Kelgar
(1/1900)

"Hee! Hee Haw! Heeeee!"

Kelgar heads south after having told his party of his ingenious plan.

clockworkjoe

  • BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
  • *****
  • Posts: 6517
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #712 on: October 13, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »
Murkin knows that the pilgrim is telling the truth.

Hairy Fapper heads towards the city and its famous orc orphanage, which is 3 hexes to the north.

Renay gains a level 0 orc orphan henchman/torch bearer.

Kelgar wanders south alone and is swarmed by a dozen hungry wolves. He needs to roll a 18 or better to escape the wolves by himself.

If someone wants to risk his life to try to save the donkey, feel free.

OTHERWISE

HEX 3 - towards FERUG THE RED DRAGON - THE NEXT DAY

Those continuing to the east find a well traveled road. There is a merchant caravan, filled with luxury goods but lightly guard with only 5 human soldiers and 3 merchants. They are neutral towards the party.

HEX NORTH 1 - TO THE CITY

Those heading north find it a desolate wasteland in this hex. As it grows dark, the party sees some ruins nearby - the burned out hulk of an inn. Does the group make camp in the ruins or camp under the stars? The weather is miserable but not unbearably cold.

ugnis13

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #713 on: October 13, 2009, 12:36:08 AM »
"HHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!!!"

Kelgar runs his fucking ass off.

Rolling 1d20:
(4): Total = 4

ugnis13

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #714 on: October 13, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
Kelgar tries to wish on his "luckhoof". He wishes he is as fast as the wind

clockworkjoe

  • BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
  • *****
  • Posts: 6517
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #715 on: October 13, 2009, 01:14:42 AM »
nuthing happens.

Unless one of the other players risks their life to save you from 12 wolves, you will die.

ANY player can attempt to try. Sleeping players are awakened by the donkey's HEE-HAWS.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:19:58 AM by clockworkjoe »

Boyos

  • President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • *****
  • Posts: 1618
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #716 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:35 AM »
Atilla Redcap 70,045/140,000

Atilla is startled by the sounds of a donky in distress, he dons his armor and charges south twords the sound with his long sword drawn out, "Dont worry little ass daddy will save you!"

initative.

Rolling 1d20:
(16): Total = 16

clockworkjoe

  • BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
  • *****
  • Posts: 6517
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #717 on: October 13, 2009, 01:20:28 AM »
wolves go on init Rolling 1d20:
(5): Total = 5

ugnis13

  • I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • ***
  • Posts: 145
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #718 on: October 13, 2009, 01:31:14 AM »
"HAW!"

initiative
Rolling 1d20:
(2): Total = 2

Boyos

  • President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • *****
  • Posts: 1618
    • View Profile
Re: OLD SCHOOL DUNGEON CRAWL
« Reply #719 on: October 13, 2009, 01:34:02 AM »
Atilla Redcap 70,045/140,000

Atilla Charges the wolf close to the ass, with a Loud Squeek strikes at him!

Rolling 1d20:
(18): Total = 18