Author Topic: Dealing with buisy schedules...  (Read 5623 times)

Kyyrn

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Dealing with buisy schedules...
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »
So, the group I'm currently running with is having a lot of trouble with conflicting schedules... so I came up with the following idea to try and make it work.  My new group seems to be fairly dedicated to gaming so I'm hoping I can make this work, though it'll take a lot of time and effort on the part of the players.

This concept is designed for Hunter: The Vigil, and I'm not sure how well it will work but the idea seemed to be worth mentioning.  I'm planning on having each player come over as thier schedule allows, playing individuals operating within the city in one or two player groups.  The kicker is, the groups (until everyone can work through schedules to meet up) is that they only form of communication they have is e-mail and  posts on a myspace site I'm setting up.  The real bitch is due to government interest in the paranormal, they have to keep everything in code to avoid getting caught (and possibly subsequently torchered) by jack booted government thugs.  I think it could make for a fairly interesting game dynamic... Thus all the information from each character will have to be posted and analyzed real time.  The plan is to have each character specialize, relying on a heavily investigative game. 

What do you guys think?

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with buisy schedules...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:03:30 PM »
Intresting let us know how it works out.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:24:44 AM »
Sounds like a lot more work for players short on time already. I'd just run an episodic campaign - loosely connected one shots - think a TV show like Law and Order or Supernatural season 1. But on the other hand, it might add to the suspense and paranoia. Try it out but don't get so attached to it that you can't let it go if your players don't respond to it.

Kyyrn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right.  Might make a good pbp, especially if the players didn't know eachother, and had plenty of time to dedicate towards posting.  I'll run it by my players and see what they have to say, thanks for the input.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
Damn Ross you scared him away! I wanted to see if it worked!

Kyyrn

• View Profile

Kyyrn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
In order to avoid the issues with time constraints and posting, I'm handling all the posting to the site myself, the players just give me a write up of what they want posted at the end of each session, and I post it for them.  There are two groups of two running, so it'll be back and forth between two players.  Most of the leg work will be done by me.

Kyyrn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
Oh,

And I'd like this to be a sort of open posting, so if anyone wishes to add comments / inputs, my only request is post as someone who knows of the supernatural.  If you want to add your own story in, I'll use it in my games.