Author Topic: OpenRPG  (Read 5054 times)

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
OpenRPG
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
So, with all the talk of google wave, I have to wonder if anyone ever uses OpenRPG. I've played a couple of games on it, and it certenly works better then play by post or chat rooms. Its even got hex and square grids and shit.
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: OpenRPG
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
I don't think I've heard of it, unless it's the service that Ross mentioned on the show awhile back. How does it work?

nekomata

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg
Its basically a chat room with map fuctions and public dice rolling. There's even a private message thing that lets the GM send secret messages to players. I haven't used it much, but a friend of mine does most of her roleplaying through it, appearntly the latest versions are much more stable. The only problem is that you have to install python, but person I have half a dozen programs that use it anyway. Oh, you can also password lock your room so only people you want in can get in it.
Just because you aren't drunk now doesn't mean you won't have a hangover tommarow.
The only thing worse then zombies is nanotech zombies that are immune to disintegration.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
Having never used OpenRPG, I can safely say that maptools is over 9000 times better. http://www.rptools.net/