Author Topic: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up  (Read 673190 times)

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up
« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
ross i was always kind of disappointed when you posted a new world game because the party bickering got really annoying

now i can't wait for more new arcadia games

ross why are you do this to me

Darkfire14

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Now that your new world campaign is over are you going to start up another D&D 4th edition campaign?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #572 on: September 01, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »
Now that your new world campaign is over are you going to start up another D&D 4th edition campaign?

maybe at some point. We have the Wild Talents and Eclipse Phase campaigns going on right now so we're booked up.

OH SHIT NEW ECLIPSE PHASE MUTHAFUCKAS

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #574 on: September 26, 2011, 10:07:30 PM »
All right, I've sped up the release cycle a bit and posted double length episodes of the two ongoing campaigns. How are you guys holding up? Have you been able to listen through all of the episodes yet? Should I keep packing two episodes together? Be honest - I want to format RPPR to best suit the listeners but I need to know how you listen to the show and what length works best for you.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #575 on: September 26, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
So far I'm half way through No Evil. I'll probably finish it by Wednesday or Thursday, depending on if I drive to the library tomorrow.

I'm liking this schedule. Double episodes are great! Especially for the ongoing campaigns otherwise they take up too many slots.

If I do finish the episodes before you post more I just sample things from the community site.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 26, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
I got the Eclipse Phase AP a day ago, and I've already listened to it in it's entirety. However, I constantly had to skip back on the Wild Talents game and it took me about a week to listen to it completely.

Of course, that's more because of personal taste since I like sci-fi more than superhero stories.

In my opinion, a two-per-week posting cycle is great and not overwhelming at all. In fact, even if the posting cycle went even further, it would be nice to pick and choose the APs that I would like to hear the most and listen to the rest as a backlog. That's basically what I do when I get the APs for donating to the Kickstarters, and it's a great feeling to have more APs than I can listen.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
All right, I've sped up the release cycle a bit and posted double length episodes of the two ongoing campaigns. How are you guys holding up? Have you been able to listen through all of the episodes yet? Should I keep packing two episodes together? Be honest - I want to format RPPR to best suit the listeners but I need to know how you listen to the show and what length works best for you.

I am an AP devouring monster, so more episodes with double length campaign stuff is excellent. I generally manage to re-listen to the newest episode (if not a double-length) at least twice before the next is posted.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »
It takes me forever to listen to Eclipse Phase stuff because I find it REALLY HARD to follow sometimes. I enjoy the setting a lot, but goddamn it's weird.

I personally find the 5 hour episodes to be a little overwhelming. I like the volume of content being posted, but the sheer length makes it hard to scrub through if I want to resume on another device.

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #579 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
It takes me forever to listen to Eclipse Phase stuff because I find it REALLY HARD to follow sometimes. I enjoy the setting a lot, but goddamn it's weird.

I personally find the 5 hour episodes to be a little overwhelming. I like the volume of content being posted, but the sheer length makes it hard to scrub through if I want to resume on another device.

I find Eclipse phase pretty hard to follow also. I have to set time aside to listen to it when i can concentrate on what's being said else i get completely lost. Its a good setting and I have enjoyed the eps, its just not for the faint of heart.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 27, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »
I, too , occasionally have problems finding the time at which I left off because of how long the episodes are.

Maybe instead of posting one double-length episode, for Eclipse Phase for example,  you could spread them out and post them during the course of the week.

Maybe post the first session of the game on Monday, then the second session on Thursday, instead of splicing the two up in the same file.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:35:22 AM by Dom »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #581 on: September 27, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
Don't listen to these crazy people! Double length episodes for the win.

Of course, I listen to all my APs on my MP3 player which automatically remembers the point at which I was last listening to the file so that I don't have to fast forward or rewind to find it. If I had to do that with a five hour AP I'd probably be annoyed too.

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
Team Double Length FTW!

I don't find it hard to follow, but then again I'm pretty familiar with the source material and the lexicon.

I drag my computer into the car with me to listen to the APs. but before the episodes were synched with my mp3 player.

Try writing down time codes down or just listening to it again?  The problem I see with double posting the same campaign is that when someone looks at the front page they just see a whole bunch of one thing, and they might be tempted to think "Gee these people play Eclipse Phase twice as often as wild talents." Or "How come there are only two episodes of Andrews Fortune? When Eclipse phase has four!"

tldr; DOUBLE LENGTH.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 27, 2011, 01:22:22 PM »
I feel the need to mention that Eclipse Phase, in spite of being murky at times, is a far more interesting setting than Wild Talents. Superheroes are dumb fun, but EP brings some up seriously thought-provoking questions about transhumanism, gender identity, and the meaning of consciousness even with some internet yahoos playing it.

so i ain't just dumb, yall

ugnis13

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 27, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
Double length ALL DAY!!!