Author Topic: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up  (Read 673436 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
I truly am a horrible monster.

I'M SO SORRY D:

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #706 on: December 11, 2012, 03:02:34 AM »
I just did something I've not done for a game before: write a post mortem explaining a bit behind it. In this case, I wrote up what went into my one shot of Hotline Miami http://www.slangdesign.com/2012/12/blog/post-mortem-of-call-of-cthulhu-hotline-miami/

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
You mean I won't have to deal with getting 56 k/s when downloading APs on the first day anymore? Glory be!

wow it gets that bad? Damn, I had no idea.

I have been five minutes late to work on more than one occasion for having waited 45 minutes for one of the APs to download in the morning, meanwhile I'm downloading LP videos that are two or three times as big and they take 7-8 minutes. You guys are worth the dirty look from my backup supervisor, so no worries there, but it'll be nice for them to download a little bit faster.

So I've posted a few episodes since the hosting upgrade - has it been faster for anyone? Is there a noticeable difference in speed?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #708 on: December 30, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 30, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »
You mean I won't have to deal with getting 56 k/s when downloading APs on the first day anymore? Glory be!

I have been five minutes late to work on more than one occasion for having waited 45 minutes for one of the APs to download in the morning, meanwhile I'm downloading LP videos that are two or three times as big and they take 7-8 minutes. You guys are worth the dirty look from my backup supervisor, so no worries there, but it'll be nice for them to download a little bit faster.

So I've posted a few episodes since the hosting upgrade - has it been faster for anyone? Is there a noticeable difference in speed?

I haven't noticed any differences in d/l speed yet.
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 30, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
BEHOLD: STATS AND SHIT http://jetpack.me/annual-report/26882759/2012/

Neet!  Praise Lichtenstein and the 5 SME/cheerleaders  who help sustain it :3
pretentious i am

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:17 AM »
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 31, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
pretentious i am

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »

Just downloaded your new episode (82).  It took a bit over half an hour to downlode the 58MB trough iTunes.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »
I definitely noticed the increase through the main site. Downloaded the new episode in about three minutes. Thumbs up.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »
Before I upgraded the hosting we would constantly get dinged for CPU throttling - essentially all the various RPPR sites were hogging too much of the server's CPU so we were limited to how many CPU cycles we could get.

Now with the pro hosting, I haven't seen any CPU throttling when I check the backend.

Here's our bandwidth usage for the last 7 days:

Kemlin Dragos

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 02, 2013, 03:16:42 AM »
@clockworkjoe

Hey Ross,

Sorry to bother you, I know you've been away from them for a while, but I'm newer to the group and just decided to go back and listen to the New World campaign, and the blubrrry audio widget isn't coming up for Episode 3. Do you have a mirror or it archived on another site? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://slangdesign.com/rppr/2009/02/actual-play/rppr-actual-play-4e-dnd-the-new-world-game-3/

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #717 on: February 02, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »
@clockworkjoe

Hey Ross,

Sorry to bother you, I know you've been away from them for a while, but I'm newer to the group and just decided to go back and listen to the New World campaign, and the blubrrry audio widget isn't coming up for Episode 3. Do you have a mirror or it archived on another site? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://slangdesign.com/rppr/2009/02/actual-play/rppr-actual-play-4e-dnd-the-new-world-game-3/

Check your browser - it works for me - maybe try another browser or a different computer? Regardless, you can download a lot of them from here http://archive.org/details/RolePlayingPublicRadioActualPlayPodcast

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 02, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem seeing the episode images on the Actual Play feed? I can see images on the regular podcast site but I haven't been able to see, for example, the images of the Know Evil characters. This hasn't cropped up anywhere else.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #719 on: February 02, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem seeing the episode images on the Actual Play feed? I can see images on the regular podcast site but I haven't been able to see, for example, the images of the Know Evil characters. This hasn't cropped up anywhere else.

They show up fine to me - have you tried different browsers and different computers?

Imgur can access the images fine - here's Fei Yen which imgur copied using the URL of the image on the AP site  http://imgur.com/uCKf2kS
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:04:46 PM by clockworkjoe »