Author Topic: Image Thread  (Read 1427313 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Image Thread
« Reply #1470 on: March 29, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
And here are some candids:

"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 29, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »
Setherick,

wow, neet photos :3  thanks for sharing
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1472 on: March 30, 2013, 12:24:23 AM »
Setherick,

yeah, good stuff!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 30, 2013, 11:59:40 AM »
Setherick,

Thanks. Here is another favorite, but it needs some context. This was taken in the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee. Riverwest is notable for its diversity as well as its artists and activists.

Also, I completely missed this photo when I was uploading shots.

And, finally, one edit. Here's Ross' cover art for his Carcosa material. (This is the moonrise shot from earlier with the color pallet inverted and the image cropped.)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:09:47 PM by Setherick »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 30, 2013, 12:15:07 PM »
OK, I found three more while going through photos. I won't have anymore for awhile though. It's not like I'm specifically going out to shoot these. I just shoot the things I find interesting.

Halloween decoration.

This shot annoys me that it didn't turn out better than it did. I shot it through the window of a city bus that was stopped at a red light. I didn't have time to frame the image correctly or account for the glare.

Meanwhile in downtown Milwaukee.

When I get more time, I'll build a website to host all of these and look for a pay-to-print option for postcards and posters if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:31:15 PM by Setherick »

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 30, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
i've been to Milwaukee a few times--during the 90's when i went on my gamer hadj to MECCA.

i had some nifty experiences there:

-- when M:tG came out, people were lined up thrice around the inside of the dealer's room.  in the bathrooms, someone had left M:tG cards in the waste receptacles

--  when my friend and i noticed how xpensive the food was in MECCA, we went to the info desk to ask for any restaurants locally...we were told a list, and then that if we wanted ethnic food, there was a taco bell...that made me double take -- i had a moment of culture shock/alienation/minor sanity roll ;3

-- one time when we were figuring out how to get there we somehow drove less than a block and suddenly the neighbourhood changed where everyone was staring at us...like we passed into another reality...decaying streets & buildings...from wealth to poverty...
pretentious i am

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 30, 2013, 01:49:38 PM »
-- one time when we were figuring out how to get there we somehow drove less than a block and suddenly the neighbourhood changed where everyone was staring at us...like we passed into another reality...decaying streets & buildings...from wealth to poverty...

While we have lots of ethnic food choices now, this pretty much sums up Milwaukee's socioeconomic conditions still. I live in Shorewood, technically, so I get to avoid a lot of normal Milwaukee problems though.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 30, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
So one more anyway. The WITI Tower  (mine is better than the Wikipedia photo) near my house.

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 31, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »

While we have lots of ethnic food choices now...

That's the thing, though...isn't all food ethnic food? :3  That's why I had that shock/alienation when that information desk woman described the fast food restaurant as 'ethnic food'...is/was that part of Milwaukee culture, her comment?
pretentious i am

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 31, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »

While we have lots of ethnic food choices now...

That's the thing, though...isn't all food ethnic food? :3  That's why I had that shock/alienation when that information desk woman described the fast food restaurant as 'ethnic food'...is/was that part of Milwaukee culture, her comment?

Sure. But typically the term is used to describe food choices that are outside the normal American diet, so no burgers, steaks, "Mexican," "Italian," and, for Milwaukee, "Greek." One of my favorite Ethiopian restaurants is an Ethiopian place where you sit at traditional low wicker tables and eat with injera bread. I mean you could get silverware, if you wanted to look like an American. :)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1481 on: April 01, 2013, 02:46:17 AM »
Look at all of these abandoned places

http://imgur.com/gallery/25orM

just look at them

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1483 on: April 02, 2013, 05:08:34 PM »

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 02, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »

My roommates have been watching this show obsessively for the past 2 weeks or so.  Amusing scene for sure though....