Author Topic: DORF FORT  (Read 67579 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: a Dwarf Fortress is fine, too
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
I watched most of this guys videos befor I realy started playing.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

I wish I could get a mobile version of this game, but the memory would eat the crap outa any phone.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »
So I downloaded and started up a new fort in the newest version, Not sure I like the embark screen as much, took a lot of the options out such as Underground water, magma vents/pipes, chasams, and Other. The new Farming system is prety cool have to have water now took me a while to figure that out. I like theres ablitys to make hospitals but sadly most of it is broken from what I read on the wiki, lot of the jobs dont do what there supposed to do, but still fun!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
Cruising for good Dwarf Fortress stories I found this one. Short and sweet, it's one of my new favorites:
Whats a fair response for a dwarf not following a noble’s construction order? A few days in prison? A couple of lashes?

Bear in mind please that the noble was asking for clear glass crafts. I don’t have any sand on the map. No sand= no glass. It’s an impossible order. You’d think that the sherrif would take that into account, right?

My hammerer decided a fair price would be to track down the only dwarf (an immigrant) with glass making skill, and mangle both of his legs. Not just break- mangle. As in, he’ll never walk again. Or wank- both of his wrists were also broken.

My hammerer now has the thoughts: He lives to enforce dwarfven justice. He has been estatic recently. He has beaten someone with a hammer recently.

Edit: “Punchbag” the hammered was lying on the floor of the jail, unconcious. Until of course another dwarf came in (after tantruming due to the death of his freind and punching a marksdwarf in his squad). This dwarf then had a tantrum about being confined, and started beating Punchbag in the face, while he was still out cold. So the guards came and beat both of them for fighting.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »
So I downloaded and started up a new fort in the newest version, Not sure I like the embark screen as much, took a lot of the options out such as Underground water, magma vents/pipes, chasams, and Other. The new Farming system is prety cool have to have water now took me a while to figure that out. I like theres ablitys to make hospitals but sadly most of it is broken from what I read on the wiki, lot of the jobs dont do what there supposed to do, but still fun!

Yeah, I'm sad to see the vents and chasms go, but the new underground makes up for it with awesome.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »
Was playing DF today. First encounter with a Forgotten Beast(Basically randomly generated monsters).

It was a giant tarantula with venomous spittle.

It slaughtered my inexperienced squad of dwarf soldiers, then my commander, Lord-Captain Urvash, slaughtered the beast in a few seconds.

In all I lost 6 dwarves (4 military and 2 civilian) a war giant eagle, and a war mandrill. 

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
What we can make more then war dogs now! whaha!

Kroack

• View Profile

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »
MMMMM War Giant Lions. Oh how the goblins will hate me!

Kroack

• View Profile
Re: DORF FORT
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »
For those mac and linux users out there:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57492.0

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »
Yeah saw that, Tryed out the new version but its too broken for me to play haha!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
I just had a tantruming dwarf destroy a bridge, underneath him. He plummeted 20 z levels to his death, spraying blood and body parts across an entire cellar room.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »
excellent

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
I just had a tantruming dwarf destroy a bridge, underneath him. He plummeted 20 z levels to his death, spraying blood and body parts across an entire cellar room.

Nice! I usuly make hammer dwarf fighters just cause I love how they go flying across the map and explode! haha!