Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Storyboard game?  (Read 27747 times)

vorpal_forklift

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Anyone interested in a Storyboard game?
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:50:45 AM »
I've been wanting to run a Storyboard game for the longest time. Storyboard is possibly the simplest, yet most fun game I've played.

Instead of having numbered stats, you have traits (the more traits, the better your character) which describe them and what they can do. when you want to do things, you list the applicable trait and get a d10 for it. easy things get 1 automatically, and you can't get more than 5 (There is a trait do get more, but I'd rather leave it out). If you get above the set difficulty, you succeed no matter how many dice you succeeded with. (I will most likely house-rule opposition, but I haven't decided).

14-trait characters.

Possible plots I'm interested in running:

-All the dragons in the world start going insane (based from the Year of Rogue Dragons books by Richard Lee Byers) *with this players could be either the dragons or the human/humanoids whom are trying to figure out how to stop the dragons before the whole world is destroyed

-The sun stops rising, leading to lots of bad stuff.

-A sudden jump in crime rates in the kingdom leads the king to investigate the cause.

Comments or suggestions on the plots would be appreciated, of course.

http://www.mcgames.com/storybrd.htm
http://www.mcgames.com/sbprevw.htm
Everything has a price.

Kafka

• View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a Storyboard game?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Go with the dragons. It's not very common, well for me at least, to play a non-humanoid creature. Plus, that plotline seems the most interesting. The mystery seems like it can have a lot of depth. Besides, playing a crazy dragon would be awesome.
Burn the thatched roof cottages!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Arissara

• View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a Storyboard game?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:08:23 AM »
What is the game about? I'm looking for a game to play it offline.