Author Topic: Rogue Trader game. Not play by post exactly.  (Read 225828 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader game. Not play by post exactly.
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2010, 11:30:18 PM »
So i downloaded your recorded game of rogue trader. was pretty good I enjoyed it. Hope to here more. Gonna listen to the new world campain too.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2010, 11:41:31 PM »
Wow I thought you rolled a one. I wonder how many insanity points I've accumulated. I'm building my dude right now. Not sure how it will turn out. I'm hoping it is at least a little less deadly than CoC.

Would I be able to ready both my sword and pistol at a free action in one turn if I have Quick Draw?

Nah, rolled maximum. There is so much worse shit out there than a map. I can promise that in this coming game there will be more Insanity Tests called for. Corruption too likely. But it won't all be you so maybe you'll get to laugh at somebody else's organ turn into independent living things trapped inside of the corruptee's body and then the dude's blood turns into maggots. Real possible result on the mutation tables, by the way.

To answer your question, yeah, you can whip out both weapons. I think the rules say you need one for melee and one for ranged or something but that's not gangster so, in my game, you can ready both.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
Annoucement time!

Instead of creating whole new sheets for everybody, I'm going to prepare little 'upgrade packets' which I will IM to each player during the pre-game. This packet will list the additions to one of the existing characters from the Quick Start Rules or the Additional Character Download.

Players are allowed to play a different character if they want to, I'll do upgrade packets for each one, including acquisitions so don't worry if you don't have the book and don't know what to ask for.

Game time is currently scheduled for:
9pm EST (6pm PST) for the game meeting. I'll try to be online before that so we can get the pregame underway and start the gameplay as soon as possible.
I plan for this game to run for about three hours, depending on how long the pregame is and how long players are able to stay online so I suggest that you use the bathroom before we start and have any drinks or snacks you need prepared before we begin.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:52:12 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2010, 10:14:33 PM »
I hope we have enough folks.  Murph and Sean in?
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »
I'll run it for however many people show up. Last I heard Sean was in. Don't know about Murph. Hero from Swing and a Miss is interested, I haven't confirmed him.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »
I just finished listening to this AP.  (I'd've done it sooner, but I didn't realize it was from Nerdbound.  So, sorry Neil.)

It sounds like a whole bunch of fun!  There is something about this setting that consumes my mind.  I don't think I'm going to run out and start buying 40k minis, but after reading the Ravenor series, I find the rogue traders really interesting.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2010, 12:59:32 AM »
I just finished listening to this AP.  (I'd've done it sooner, but I didn't realize it was from Nerdbound.  So, sorry Neil.)

It sounds like a whole bunch of fun!  There is something about this setting that consumes my mind.  I don't think I'm going to run out and start buying 40k minis, but after reading the Ravenor series, I find the rogue traders really interesting.

The D6 generation did a great review of it realy makes me wanna play this game. you should check it out covers the rules well.

Sean-o-tron

• heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »
I'm still in!  I'll be on by 7 central (8 EST).

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure we could accomodate at least one more player if anyone wants in. Tadanori would have to confirm. I know he has 5 pregens ready to go and we only have two players confirmed. Murph is still a maybe as far as I know.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »
If people want to jump in than I'm willing to let them. I use the same name on Skype that I do on the forums here.

I have the Void Master and Seneschal fully upgraded. I plan to do the Arch-Militant and Missionary as well but not the Rogue Trader.

I will also have an Explorator on hand for use as an NPC but I can't give that sheet to a player since it'll be physical and not digital. Someone can still play the character but they'll have to do so remotely.

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2010, 02:18:11 PM »

I'd love to join you if I can operate skype.  I just replaced my failing headset, that might've been the problem.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »
Well I'm willing to have you onboard for the effort. We'll be meeting up tonight at 8 or 9 EST because I'm PST and I don't get home until quarter past 5. So, I'll be on as soon as I can but Neil is almost certainly going to be around before me.

Hopefully my own issues will be resolved. I'm going to be using my laptop as a dedicated Skype engine while I use the gaming desktop for information spread and shutdown the primary desktop because it's got a tendency to be faulty on its net connections.

And yes, I do have three different computers. NERD!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:48 PM »
Finished the arch-militant and missionary over lunch so both of those guys are ready to rock. Missionary is the one guy with any medical ability so I'll be interested to see what this mission looks like for those who might end up with meat hooks in their gut.

Sean-o-tron

• heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
I sold my laptop because I finally bought a decent gaming rig.  BUT, since there are other people in this house who might not appreciate me RPing in the living room, I get to haul my big ass computer and monitor into my room.  It looks pretty ridiculous, I probably take a pic or 2.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »
Session completed and I think we had a very successful run last night. Thanks to everybody involved and anybody who didn't get to join in we'll hope to see you next time. Next session will probably be in another month or so.