Author Topic: An AP suggestion which crept into my head a day ago  (Read 5777 times)

Richard

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
An AP suggestion which crept into my head a day ago
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
Today, I was re-listening to Tom two CoC games. Why? Because generally speaking he did a good job on a system he didn't have much experience running. I thought back to when they read my letter on the air and I asked both Tom and Ross what their favorite system was.

One of which was Old World of Darkness,a system near and dear to my heart as well. So much so that in my youth I called all other systems inferior and generally was a big Elitist(fuck :P).

So, then I thought "If Tom was going to run another game, and I had a say in what the game was, what game would I like him to run?"

And my eyes slowly moved across the various titles on my bookshelf, until I saw one title, in particular, which reminded me of epicness.

"The Giovanni Chronicles part 1: The Last Supper"

To those of you who don't know much about that title, I'll summarize: the Giovanni chronicles is a set of 4 books in which players take part in major events surrounding clan Giovanni: from their creation in 1444, all the way up until present day(or rather, what was present day at the time). The Giovanni chronicles are considered to be a very ambitious endeavour, and indeed, is ranked among some of the best material White Wolf has ever published.
It has, from what I can gather, a kind of legendary status among WW fans: if you can run such an indepth and immersive chronicle which spans centuries in-game, with characters who start out confused and meandering and eventually grow into powerful leaders of the undead themselves, you get major props :) (as it's no mean feat).

So, in closing: I say, if Tom has the books and the desire to run it, I know I personally would at least listen in, I'd love to see how he'd run it. The vast majority of us loved his CoC APs, I'd like to see how well he does with a system he's completely familiar with.

-Richard

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: An AP suggestion which crept into my head a day ago
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
I am super interested and looking forward to more Tom run games. I'm excited for the MM games and maybe someday a ludicrous action game or oWoD game with some action explodingjigglingboobies type of shit.

The chase scene in the first Divine Fire game was tottally sweet.

I need more TOM!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »
I know I have at least one more CoC game run by Tom. Only players are me and Aaron, which makes for a fun dynamic as Aaron is the ultimate boy scout while I played a shady private eye.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
 That sounds like fun, more tom games will be nice even though Tom is a hater 8)
Kenders Rock