Author Topic: U-Boote Heraus actual play  (Read 10023 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
U-Boote Heraus actual play
« on: December 09, 2009, 11:32:51 AM »
Man, I loved listening to this game. I normally listen and then delete the APs, but this is one I am going to archive for later listening.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: U-Boote Heraus actual play
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
You delete them? I archive the things except for the New World games. I was listening to Stray Dogs the other day, and the first test run of Tom's CoC game.

I liked the second one better only because it's slightly longer. Both are great fun to listen to and extremely educational. I like that Adam Scott Glancy thinks we're 'poor bastards'.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:08:58 PM »
I save everything, though to be honest I think I only listened to Stray Dog the once.

The U-Boat scenario is one of my favorites, though.  I posted some of my favorite items from the first session, but not the second.  I LOVE how Tom asks what amounts to two or three questions, and like pushing the first domino in a chain, single-handedly incites a mutiny/riot.  That was probably the high point of the episode for me.  Also his return to the bishop's house...he agrees to bring the doctor and the captain, and instead brings the doctor and a goodly chunk of the militia.  "I brought reinforcements," he observes, and I can hear him smiling.  Awesome.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
Tom did rock the house on the second game. I will not deny that.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »
Hey, I finally remembered my other question for Scott Glancy.

Is that spell that the bad guys used on the bishop the same spell that Tom acquired shortly before his eventful day at the tea shop so long ago?

A Scott Glancy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:04:19 PM »
Is that spell that the bad guys used on the bishop the same spell that Tom acquired shortly before his eventful day at the tea shop so long ago?

Not sure what Tea Shop you are referring to...

The spell was "Wither Limb." I'll admit that when it's published I won't have him lose all his limbs... for one, he likely couldn't take the damage per the rules, and for another, if they knocked all his arms and legs off, what has he got left to be threatened with? His life? In 1917 it wouldn't be worth living like that. So, I think they'll wither a leg which would leave him able to get around and still perform mass... and threaten to take the rest if he doesn't pony up the orphans.

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp, dba Pagan Publishing

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Wow, didn't think you'd find that post, the question was more aimed at Ross.

The spell I'm refering to was the "Shriveling Spell" or something similar.

According to the story, Tom's CoC character got an altered version of the base spell and was using it on alot of people. The Tea Shop story is the tale of what happened when he tried to use it on a sorcerer who happened to own a tea shop in London. Long story short it didn't work right so Tom had to beat two people, one of them an innocent bystander, to death with a stick.

The spell used on the priest sounded similar to a Shriveling Spell so I wanted to see if they where connected.

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
 I liked the U boot Ap's, did you know there is an epic monster that is like the worm guys in the epic level hand book from 3.0. kinda cool. 
Kenders Rock

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
I liked the U boot Ap's, did you know there is an epic monster that is like the worm guys in the epic level hand book from 3.0. kinda cool. 

The monster you speak of was ripped off from Call of Cthulhu. It was originally from a HP Lovecraft story called "The Festival"  http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thefestival.htm

"The nethermost caverns," wrote the mad Arab, "are not for the fathoming of eyes that see; for their marvels are strange and terrific. Cursed the ground where dead thoughts live new and oddly bodied, and evil the mind that is held by no head. Wisely did Ibn Schacabao say, that happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes. For it is of old rumour that the soul of the devil-bought hastes not from his charnel clay, but fats and instructs the very worm that gnaws; till out of corruption horrid life springs, and the dull scavengers of earth wax crafty to vex it and swell monstrous to plague it. Great holes secretly are digged where earth's pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl."

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
I did not say where it came from first. i was just making a point. jeeeeezzzzzz man  8)
Kenders Rock