Author Topic: If you want to try Mutants and Masterminds...  (Read 5522 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
If you want to try Mutants and Masterminds...
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
... than I have the chance for you.

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=39003&date=1257800510

This is a play by post game that I've been part of for about a month. The GM heading the thing is new to the game and has players using the pre-made archtypes so there's little mechanical involvement in the character creation.

We're still taking new players. People get divided into hero groups (we currently have eight or nine of three to five heroes each) and all plotlines exist in the same world. The game has been running solid for a month and the GM is very active in keeping players posting. Any team member who faded out gets replaced by a new or more active player, so people are very seldom left waiting.

Things are laid out like a comic book using "issues" as chapters. Some teams (like mine) are just starting issue #2.

So, if you want to try M&M, this is an exceptional chance to do so.

Look me up if you join, I'm playing Gallium, Battlesuit Archtype in Primal Force.

TigerStorm

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
Re: If you want to try Mutants and Masterminds...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:39:23 PM »
Are they still accepting new players? I love M&M, but my only experience with it is a few bad games run by a friend of mine shortly after discovering the books and then the recent not-quite-as-bad games I've begun to run.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »
Yeah, new applications are always open. You may just have to wait for a new group to form or be inserted into an existing group.

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »
Well, here's hoping. Since I came across it and gave it a decent shot, Mutants & Masterminds has quickly become my favorite game system. I created an account on the site and sent the GM a request. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I can do but wait.

Hurray for waiting...  :-\

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:02:17 AM »
Well, I just sent the GM my character concept and finished character sheet.

And now... once again... I wait...  :-\

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »
So, I've been reading the threads and, so far, my favorite groups are "Exemplars" and "Guardians United"

Once I get word back from the GM, I plan on bringing in a shape-shifting character "Mr. Smith". It should be interesting.

Edit: "Mr. Smith" approved and added to "Guardians United" - look for him in upcoming issues.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:49:52 AM by TigerStorm »