Author Topic: You're on an Island (Pick-up Risus Game) - GRAMMAR RULES  (Read 50971 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Your on an Island (Pick-up Risus Game)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »
Jungle Jim grabs some good small sharp rocks to help in any future bone carvings. Jungle Jim does not like his island, its not like the jungles hes used too, but hes very glad hes not on the volcano island infront of him. Jungle Jim starts to walk stright back into the round leaf jungle hoping to come across another beach on the other side. He scouts for large bones or small ones as he walks threw the trees.

Jungle Jim enters the trees and discovers that there is grass and small plants rather than sharp gravel under their shade. The trees are all between one and ten meters tall with many round green leaves and no visible fruit or flowers.

As Jim moves inland the smell of the ocean fades away and the smell of trees replaces it. After half an hour Jim detects a vaguly familiar smell. It smells almost, but not quite like, zebra and its coming for behind a large tree ahead.

Inspection reveals a single horse which is grazing on grass. It is currently upwind of Jungle Jim, hince the smell.

Murph

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »
Erik the Viking

Erik the Viking watches the naked man walk into the forest, and begins yelling, partially because he enjoys yelling, and partially because he wants to get the man's attention.  This is a very strange island.  Erik hopes he doesn't bump into any Smoke monsters.  Smoke monsters are fresh on his mind, because his cousin told him a very confusing story recently, about some folk on a peninsula, where there was a smoke monster who would show up randomly.  It made very little sense, as Erik's cousin was not right in the head and kept talking about finding something.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
Erik the Viking

Erik the Viking watches the naked man walk into the forest, and begins yelling, partially because he enjoys yelling, and partially because he wants to get the man's attention.  This is a very strange island.  Erik hopes he doesn't bump into any Smoke monsters.  Smoke monsters are fresh on his mind, because his cousin told him a very confusing story recently, about some folk on a peninsula, where there was a smoke monster who would show up randomly.  It made very little sense, as Erik's cousin was not right in the head and kept talking about finding something.

Erik's impressive yelling is surely heard. If the naked man will respond or not is impossible to know.

However, Erik receives a more direct responce in the form of a starfish which is currently laying in the thick ashy water at Erik's feet.

The starfish is completely immobile and is likely, in the manner of starfish, conveying a welcome to the stranger.

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »
Fanboy attempts to pacify his subjects by also walking sideways in random orders. Hopefully he conveys to his people that the High Chancellor displeased him, and that what he did was entirely on purpose. After his attempts in communication, Fanboy will try to find a translator among the crabs. if there is not one, he will search around in the wildlife for aid.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 07:01:59 PM »
Fanboy attempts to pacify his subjects by also walking sideways in random orders. Hopefully he conveys to his people that the High Chancellor displeased him, and that what he did was entirely on purpose. After his attempts in communication, Fanboy will try to find a translator among the crabs. if there is not one, he will search around in the wildlife for aid.

Ninja-ing
Rolling 3d6:
(5+5+2): Total = 12

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »
With application of Applied Ninjaology, King Fanboy conveys a message to his subjects which causes them to seize walking sideways in panic and to begin walking sideways in a more general sense.

A moment later the Vice Chancilor emerges from the crowd to speak with the King. Much sideways is walked before the Vice Chancilor has finished speaking his mind and the crowd walksides in agreement.

Fanboy could really use some translation here.

Trolling
Rolling 2d6:
(1+1): Total = 2

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
Acting on his instincts, King Fanboy leaves his beach kingdom to Troll the cactus forest for aid. This does not go very well and Fanboy soon finds himself lost in the cactus forest, cut off from his kingdom, and surrounded by a tribe of wild tiny crabs with big right claws who walk sides in a totally unfamiliar manner. They are apparently enraged by his Trolling.

Their leader, a tough looking crab easily an inch in height, walks sides, clearly demanding an explaination for Fanboy's behavior.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »
RAPHAEL HYTHLODAY

Raphael marks his tree hollow and then goes in search of a volcanic island, islands don't just magically appear after all in the ocean, that is nearby. He'll be making good use of his Explore Unexplored Places skill.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »
Jungle Jim turns and faces the direction that the yelling is coming from, across the ocean he spots A man with which appears to have bark on his forehead, clearly a native of the area Jim Jumps and waves back. then heads into the trees. About a half hour later, he comes up to a clearing with the fresh smell of zebra in it! Jungle Jim gets ready and crawls low to the ground stalking the zebra, when in range he will wrestle the zebra to the ground.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »
SMOKE MONSTER

Smoke Monster is both bored and angry. He engages his inherent plot device abilities!

Rolling 3d6:
(3+4+6): Total = 13

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: You're on an Island (Pick-up Risus Game) - GRAMMAR RULES
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
anyone know why Tad hasn't been on for so long?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »

I assume vacation.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »

perhaps he hit max number of post and no longer able to log on due to his greatness of number of post! either way hope its nothing bad, i assume its just vacation time also.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »
((I'm back from my hiatus.

Long story short: I'm not fired. Bank of America can suck my balls. I'm buying a house. I move at the end of the month. For the first time in my life I'll be able to have a whole room dedicated to gaming. I had to give control of the other five rooms in the house over to my fiance (including the bedroom), but I secured the gaming room.

I'll update tonight.))

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
((I'm back from my hiatus.

Long story short: I'm not fired. Bank of America can suck my balls. I'm buying a house. I move at the end of the month. For the first time in my life I'll be able to have a whole room dedicated to gaming. I had to give control of the other five rooms in the house over to my fiance (including the bedroom), but I secured the gaming room.

I'll update tonight.))

Horray!