Author Topic: Is the RPPR AP feed working right?  (Read 22557 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Is the RPPR AP feed working right?
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
Hi. I keep getting an error message from iTunes about the RPPR AP feed not downloading/updating. Is this an iTunes problem or is it a real problem with the feed not working?
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Is the RPPR AP feed working right?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
I have no idea why it's fucking up. http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/podcast is suddenly not working in itunes (which the powerpress plugin uses as a default) BUT http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/ works though.

If you go to advanced - subscribe to podcast and paste in http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/, it will pop up in Itunes. I've changed the settings on the site's backened so it should update by itself sooner or later. but if you're impatient go ahead and do that.

TigerStorm

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Cardio! Cardio! Cardio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:50:27 PM »
I go through the Zune marketplace (yes, I have a Zune... let the flaming commence) and I don't have any problems getting the podcast. (suck it, apple)  ;D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »
I go through the Zune marketplace (yes, I have a Zune... let the flaming commence) and I don't have any problems getting the podcast. (suck it, apple)  ;D

Is it listed on the zune marketplace or did you have to manually add the podcast yourself?

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »
I have no idea why it's fucking up. http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/podcast is suddenly not working in itunes (which the powerpress plugin uses as a default) BUT http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/ works though.

If you go to advanced - subscribe to podcast and paste in http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/feed/, it will pop up in Itunes. I've changed the settings on the site's backened so it should update by itself sooner or later. but if you're impatient go ahead and do that.

Thanks Ross. It's working, now that I've subscribed to the feed directly.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 02:41:04 AM »
Is it listed on the zune marketplace or did you have to manually add the podcast yourself?

The RPPR podcast is listed (which is how I found you guys to begin with in a random browse)...
As for the AP podcast, I don't know... I manually added it after you guys put it into effect...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 03:16:14 AM »

The RPPR podcast is listed (which is how I found you guys to begin with in a random browse)...
As for the AP podcast, I don't know... I manually added it after you guys put it into effect...

I don't have the Zune software, can you do this http://davidjackson.org/2007/11/19/how-to-submit-your-podcast-to-the-zune-marketplace/ ?

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »
OK... I submitted it for you.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »
OK... I submitted it for you.

You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar.

I don't have to install the Zune software thanks to you.

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »
No sweat... My Christmas gift to you... The gift of allowing you to continue to be lazy.

Maybe a shoutout in the next podcast? haha...

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
I have a zune also, I like zune, I just wish it wouldnt keep all the old episodes of podcasts on my cpu like 60 gigs of episodes.
Kenders Rock

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
Ummmm... you know you can change the settings of what it keeps and what it doesn't, right? For example, you can have it only keep the newest 3 episodes and it will automatically download / delete as appropriate...

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
yeah I know that but look in your actual folders where they keep the podcasts and see that they are all saved there and if you delete them it re downloads them.
Kenders Rock

TigerStorm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 02:13:44 AM »
Nope... mine auto-deletes the ones it's supposed to... I just checked

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »
Random question loosely related to this subject and likely not meriting it's own thread: Did anyone else get a secondary RPPR Podcast showing up in their iTunes?  As in a straight up RPPR, not counting the AP (I currently have three RPPR related podcasts shown in iTunes).  I don't particularly care for iTunes but I don't want to get angry and annoyed at it if it wasn't it's fault...

The new one just has the rant and nothing else...