Author Topic: Playborg Photographer - A Greg Stolze short story ransom  (Read 3818 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Playborg Photographer - A Greg Stolze short story ransom
« on: January 19, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gregstolze/playborg-photographer-an-eternal-short-story

If you've read ...in Spaaace!, even just the first part, you're familiar with the setting for "Playborg Photographer." It's a future where death is temporary, where self-aware cell phones develop gambling problems and sass their owners, where antibuddhists strive for the perfect conflict and politicians wrestle with taking contributions from People For the Eating of People.

Into this morass of technological weirdness and self-indulgence stumbles Xotappath T'loggia, the sole survivor of a mighty warrior race currently working as a glamor photographer for Playborg magazine. Awakening one day to discover his memories of the last week have been stolen, he sets out in pursuit of the truth (and a ghost-written byline). Learning the horrible secret behind his amnesia takes him to the heart of political ugliness and dangerous self-awareness. Also, there are many jokes.

If this project raises $450, I'll release it as a nicely formatted PDF file under a Creative Commons license. As usual, all donors get a podcast of me reading the story. In this case, a recording laden with all the sound effects I can figure out for the voices of manifold aliens.

Greg emailed me a link to this today. I'll put a shout out for it on the next episode but if you enjoy Greg's work and/or his style as a player, you'll probably like this.