Author Topic: Werewolves of Millers Hollow Repost  (Read 11304 times)

vorpal_forklift

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Werewolves of Millers Hollow Repost
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:56:18 PM »
Silly me for putting it in the wrong place. I will still check the one in the RPG forum but it will be played on this one.

I want to attempt a Werewolves of Millers Hollow play by text.

WMH is a game that pits an informed minority against an uninformed majority. Each night 'round' werewolves go hunting and kill a villager of Millers Hollow. When the villagers awaken to find one of their brethren eaten, they become enraged and lynch a townsperson in the hopes that they kill the werewolf. The townspeople decide who to kill by debating and voting(majority rules).

Werewolves will decide (unanimously) who will be eaten over private messages and then message me with the name DO NOT post on the thread!

Townsfolk can debate on the thread, or pm eachother if they like.

The goals (which are both pretty obvious) for the werewolves: kill the villagers. The Villagers goal is to slay all the werewolves.

There are a few special townsfolk as well, which balances the odds for them a little. They are:

The Seer: Can see the identity of one player once per round.

The Little Girl (which won't be used, but I thought I'd explain anyway): Can try to see who the werewolves are. Will die of fright if she is caught by the werewolves.

The Hunter: When the Hunter dies, he or she can kill another player.

Cupid: Chooses two people to be 'lovers'. If one lover dies, the other lover commits suiside.

The Witch: Starts the game with two potions. One will save a person who would be killed by the werewolves. One will kill any player. The Witch only has one of each.

The Mayor: counts for two votes for purposes of deciding who to lynch.

The goal as far as special villagers is investigating and finding the werewolves WITHOUT revealing if you're a special villager or not.

private message me or post on this thread if you're interested. I will randomly chose the roles and let each of you know what you are. I will check the thread and my inbox several times in the evenings PST, and more if I am able, but most of the round progression will happen during that time (which means, obviously that the faster people come to a decision, the swifter the game will move. This is normally played as a party game with cards depicting roles).
Everything has a price.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolves of Millers Hollow Repost
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »
In the future, just ask and we'll move the thread.   ;D
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolves of Millers Hollow Repost
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 02:14:19 AM »
I'm in (again)...