Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Between Session Thread  (Read 201439 times)

ShotgunSurgeon

Re: Rogue Trader: Between Session Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
You can blame Carin for trying to tap into your mind during that evaluation. It won't happen again, sir.

I'm fine with moving on with scans, but I'll give some rolls just to see if I come up with anything. As usual, just disregard an inapplicable rolls.

Awareness
Rolling 1d100:
(56): Total = 56

against 50 (40 perception +10 advance bonus)

Evaluate (Untrained)
Rolling 1d100:
(4): Total = 4

against 31 intelligence (half)

Scrutiny
Rolling 1d100:
(1): Total = 1

against 40 perception

ShotgunSurgeon

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
FUCK YEAH!!!! I'm liking this dice roller... except for those san checks.

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2010, 07:55:58 PM »
Shotgun, you're stealing all the good rolls. Save some for the rest of us.

"Dom, move us on to the next point of interest."

Moving to the outer system if necessary.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
Alright, rather than have me try to come up with individual oddities of planets right at this moment we'll fast forward a little and finish off the scanning.

Dom'll just survey the outer system worlds:

Rolling 1d100:
(62): Total = 62

Rolling 1d100:
(19): Total = 19

Rolling 1d100:
(54): Total = 54

Rolling 1d100:
(46): Total = 46

Rolling 1d100:
(27): Total = 27

Rolling 1d100:
(8): Total = 8

Rolling 1d100:
(50): Total = 50

Rolling 1d100:
(72): Total = 72

Rolling 1d100:
(95): Total = 95

Rolling 1d100:
(16): Total = 16

Alright, so the complete system survey will take about a month since you won't be traveling with warp engines.

We'll pick up again with the Valkryie returning to Valhalla at the end of the survey tour.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2010, 10:22:27 PM »
On the way back, I'd like to stop to refuel and restock the lander crews while picking up their product.  I think we'd agreed to use in-system materials until we have a solid footing on the planet.  My suggestion is to build a solid defensive position first that troops and citizens could retreat to if necessary.  Then fortify any resource gathering facilities.  Finally, construct and fortify to the best of our ability the housing and ancillary facilities.  My inclination is to harvest 2/3 building materials and 1/3 precious commodities until the base of operations is complete or we have enough materials to complete them.

Let me know if the new crew have any thoughts.  I also would like recommendations regarding the "colonization" of the planet versus using it as a mining hub.  If we decide to colonize it, we'll have to begin training some of our crew to handle that.  I would recommend doing that right before we return to civilization.  Say a bunch of our crew was killed (so no one knows what we are up to).  Replace the crew and get our new navigator, then head back to do some exploring.  We can obtain additional higher quality materials while there and bring them to the colony to create as true a hub as possible.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2010, 08:57:17 AM »
With respect, Lord Captain, we need not state what happened to the crew we're "replacing."  No one will ask; no one will particularly care.  This is the frontier, not the heart of the Imperium.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2010, 09:48:25 AM »
True enough Lorrayne. However, I intend to be very "discreet" with the dynasty as well. They may find it odd that I lost so many. I'm not known for being careless. I'll generate a plausible cover story, some sort of  Xenos attack that laid waste to a number of the crew. We repelled them and them raided their colony destroying everything afterward. That should suffice.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
You could russel up some kind of xenos monster on the way back to rip a few bits off of as evidence, in case someone asks. That'll be your personal choice, of course. Your senior staff isn't gonna have a problem with that either. Illian is primarily loyal to Trask and has no connection with the dyntasy at large. Gearus is in a similar position. Your dumping the Navigator so he doesn't have to be told anything at all.

The short term mining has turned out alot of raw ore which can be processed on the ship until such time as land based facilities are prepared. Valhalla is suitable for any number of functions. It could be setted as an Imperial styled coloney (a "real world" style settlement) or recrafted into a hive world.

Construction has been moving ahead quickly with Gearus and his fellows directing servitor operation. Illian has seen to it that the structures properly revere the God Emperor (which they do by being as tough and defendable as possible).

Gearus reports some progress in the study of the artifacts from the security room. He has recovered a listing of major staff at this outpost and a summary record of the establishment. This planet was passed over during the crusades and marked as empty and suitable for eventual population with no evidence of any past human population. An Inquisitor traveling with the fleet ordered an outpost placed here. His name is not in the summary.

Illian reports progress in clearing the other tunnels. The central bunk is quite secure.

Nathan is likewise pleased to report everything appears to be nicely secured and there is not hint of influnce among the population.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Trask gathers the senior crew. "we've mapped the system and have raw materials to begin constructing our hub. What are your thoughts on the role of this planet? I will not turn it over to the Imperium until it is secured and profitable (read between the lines). So what do you say? A hive world? Imperial style colony? Manufacturing and mining outpost? I think it makes sense to start with a true colony to eventually create a full base of operations. However, this system has been tainted by the warp significantly. Perhaps another world is better suited for a colony. But I work with what I am given. And for now, this is the dynasty's best foothold in this space."

ShotgunSurgeon

« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »
It is as you say, my Lord Captain. We should not let ourselves be troubled with what evidence we have found of the warp here. Chaos infects more of the Imperium than our missionaries and inquisitors may dare to mention. If it is your will, let us continue to construct a colony worth of your dynasty and name. With time, we might rival some of the jewels of the Imperium.

As for the crew, they are your bond-servants, Lord Captain. As are we all. If they are not suitable to your needs, let us be rid of them. As Lorrayne said, there are not many here who will care.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »
You could russel up some kind of xenos monster on the way back

Oh, yeah, nothing could go wrong with that plan.  ;)
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Yeah, no shit.  I think I'll rely on my charm at 53+20 to just convince people that there was a monster.  It doesn't have to be THAT convincing.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
You sure? Nobody want to just nip into a space hulk and get a few Gene Stealer claws to show off? There's only a slight chance it'll infect the crew and spread tyranid space viruses through everybody, eventually summoning down the swarm. Wouldn't take any time at all.

Well okay...

Trask is more than capable of explaining the chunk of crew that needs replacement upon the return to Port Wanderer and the Imperium proper. After kicking the Navigator out of the Tower the search for a new individual is begun (Carin sent word ahead for a replacement to be considered so things should be well underway).

You'll probably need a few weeks to service the ship, recrew, resupply, and acquire construction materials.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »
OOC it looks like our PC Navigator won't be joining us, so you can have a search for one if you like.

To all crew, "you've earned your leave. Drink it in because soon enough it will be once more into the fray."

Trask dismisses the crew in normal leave shifts to repair and restock with some rest for everyone. He then sets his sights on acquisitions. The ship will need some upgrades and so will I.

OOC let me know how you want to handle acquisitions.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »
You can make any acquisitions you want to normally here on the boards. Your current profit factor is 65, I believe, unless it went up to 70. Actually, selling off some of the relics you recovered that Gearus cleared as old and cool but not directly useful will net you another 5 profit so we'll call it 70.

For the Navigator I think we'll give you a temporary NPC because it'll be important to have some real number to work with in the upcoming game.