Author Topic: Large Storage MP3 Players  (Read 5515 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Large Storage MP3 Players
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »
So my 80GB Zune from about 6 years ago seems to have finally crashed.  As such I am looking at replacing it in the near future.  Having not followed MP3 players much in the past few years, it seems that I do not have a very good feel for the market.  Basically I wouldn't mind a straight replacement, but what I really want is a) at least 60GB of space, and b) buttons (i.e. no touch screen).  With some pretty quick looking around it seems that the only thing to fit the bill would be the 160GB iPod classic (current model).  I don't necessarily have a problem with used, but I am pretty wary about it, and as I take good care of my stuff, I intend to have it last me a while.  Does anyone know of any other options I might have?

Mckma

• View Profile
Re: Large Storage MP3 Players
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
Sounds like a no... :P

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
I use a 32gig ipod touch and I have only got it half full so I have no idea about larger mp3 players.

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
The 160gb classic is pretty damn good. I have the 120 and it has served me well :)
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »
I use a 30gb Cowan Iaudio5 I got years ago that has served me very well. It has good button controls plus is able to play MP3, OGG, WAV and other audio files natively. Unfortunately they no longer produce them (and the last time I tried finding a used one for a friend turned into a big fiasco).  They still produce similar products with higher storage, but they are almost all touchscreen now.   
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »
Ended up going with the 160gb iPod.  I have about 40gb of music, plus podcasts and stuff.  Starting to strike me just how massive this is though.  Should be fun, can load some videos and whatnot too...