Author Topic: Zombies of the World - BUY MY BOOKS  (Read 60542 times)

NaturaFictor

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
I mentioned this on another forum but the kindle version does look really good on a tablet/computer, and just checked it out on a nook color too. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants it on the go because the production quality is still great.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
I mentioned this on another forum but the kindle version does look really good on a tablet/computer, and just checked it out on a nook color too. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants it on the go because the production quality is still great.

Ross will be happy to hear that because he slaved over the e-book versions.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK

could you post a review for the kindle version on Amazon mentioning that? I'm sure some people would pick it up if they knew the art was well integrated with the text.

Herrigold

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
I just want to thank Ross for providing me with a survival guide for the zombie... apocalypse? No, maybe we'll just call it the zombie infestation. I'm definitely going to survive for at least one more scene in my zombie movie. Maybe that should be your marketing ploy...

"Do you always die in the first scene of a zombie movie? Are you always easily amalgamated into the rotting army? Want to know how to last that little bit longer?

Hi, I'm Ross Payton, author and zombie zoologist. Let my book guide you on the multitude of species of the ravenous horde and each one's inner motivations, so that maybe you'll last another half an hour when they finally come for you."

Thanks Ross!
It's too late to be clever. I'll try being adventurous.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile

NaturaFictor

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Just tossed my review of it up on Amazon. I actually got a kindle today and tried it out again, and if anything it looks better than it did on the nook color. Great job. Here's a copy of the review below if you're interested:

Let me preface this first by saying I got this for Kindle, and it looks fantastic. Ross Payton obviously put a lot of time and effort formatting the book for Kindle use and it shows. The text and pictures are coordinated well for easy reading, and is definitely one of the few RPG supplements I'd recommend for the Kindle. None of the info is messed up or broken and the images are scaled to look very nice on the e-ink screen.

As for the content, it's a breath of fresh air and it's great that it works for any RPG. Not being tied to a system allows the book to shine in fluff, giving players and game masters many options for their campaigns involving the undead. Too many supplements focus on just one type or one origin, but this one ties together many real world examples and legends with some great tropes done in a very well written and creative fashion. I'd recommend this book to anyone that wants to try something new with the Undead in their games, or just something new in general.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
nice, although it's technically not a RPG supplement at all. I mean, obviously you can use it as inspiration for your game but I specifically wrote it as a non-gaming book so I could reach a wider audience. I'm listing it in Comedy and Horror on Amazon for example.

Kroack

• View Profile
how dare you shoehorn ross' book with your ignorant review! blasphemer!

Darksaw

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • I'm a wizard, and that looks fucked up.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies of the World - a web series nature documentary about zombies
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 03:03:54 AM »
I just got a Kindle today for my birthday so I'll buy this from Amazon along with a bunch of other books.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2011, 01:06:20 AM »
October is Zombie Appreciation Month! All ZOTW products on sale! Lots of new content to be posted every Tuesday and Thursday during October!

http://www.zombiesoftheworld.com/blog/october-is-zombie-appreciation-month/

Spread the word! Tell your friends AND BUY MY BOOK

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 01:50:36 AM »
I redesign the main ZOTW book web site. http://www.zombiesoftheworld.com/the-book/

What do you think?

Salkovich

• Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2011, 02:07:49 AM »
I redesign the main ZOTW book web site. http://www.zombiesoftheworld.com/the-book/

What do you think?

There are a lot of words there.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
I've been blogging about zombies for this month

newest post is on the site. ALSO if you are on reddit upvote this http://www.reddit.com/r/zombies/comments/l8thk/8_recent_foreign_zombie_films_you_should_see/

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
So I saw something on the RPPR Facebook page about signing books, but either the grammar started to fall apart or I just suck at reading.  Care to elaborate?