Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 691446 times)

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2010, 01:50:52 AM »
Wuv you.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2010, 02:58:15 AM »
I would be very grateful if someone wrote a detailed how-to post to wordpress with screenshots if possible

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
I would be very grateful if someone wrote a detailed how-to post to wordpress with screenshots if possible

I can probably do that this afternoon.  What exactly do you think would be needed?  Signing up through posting the game?  I'll just do it all so people have it I guess...

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
Take the raw MP3 file and tag it (I'll put something up about tagging later).  After it has been tagged, upload it using an ftp program.  I use FileZilla, and the screenshots are from it (though most seem to look the same, so they should be good enough to carry over).

Type in the connection information at the top and connect.  Then double click a file and it will transfer (either to RPPR if it was on the left, or from RPPR if it was on the right).

The file is now on the server, post here to let Ross know it is up and he'll move it over.

Go to http://community.roleplayingpublicradio.com/ and either create an account (by registering) or log in.  If you register an account, be sure to let Ross know so he can make you an author (otherwise you can't make posts).  After you log in click on Site Admin on the right, you will land here:

On the left you can add new posts.  On the right you can look at any recent drafts you saved (if you didn't finish).  Add a new post and then it takes you here:

Pretty self-explanatory, type your title, text body, and put in a break if you want (if the post is long).  If you have several posts and want to spread them out, you can schedule a time on the right and it will automatically post it (as long as you are sure to click Schedule, which will replace Publish if you set a time).

To add the MP3 (after Ross has moved it), scroll down to the Blubrry box, which looks like this:

Type in the filename (http://community.roleplayingpublicradio.com/filename.mp3, leave the settings like this, and click verify, the data should be extracted from the mp3 (check to make sure it is correct).  That's it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:11:09 PM by Mckma »

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
Is that the kind of thing you wanted Ross?  Or did you want something more general about Wordpress?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
that should do it. Thanks!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2010, 07:17:17 PM »
that should do it. Thanks!

No problem, I'll do one for tagging later (since that is actually the one that I have to keep looking up info for)...

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »
Thank you to Mckma for the tutorial with pictures and a big thanks to Ross for being patient with me the other night.

Ross, I was wondering if you could delete the two MP3s I had previously uploaded. I'm going to edit them again using Audacity and re-export as 64kbps files...

I will rename the files to include all underscores instead of empty spaces. I will like wise change the IDtags as well...

Again, many thanks, this is a big time help!
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »
just upload the new files and post here to let me know about it

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
Ross, I'll be uploading two new files later tonight or tomorrow morning.  I'll also put up a few tagging how-to instructions later as well.  I was also willing to do a bit of organizing on the Community AP site if you would like that.  Basically I thought I could categorize posts by system and could add tags with some relevent information (one-shots, basic game descriptors, etc.) and then potentially could add that on a side bar so people interested could grab what they want (i.e. make it a little closer to the official AP site).  If that was something you would appreciate/be interested in, I would need my access upped to be able to edit other posts (to add tags or categories), but if you don't want, that's cool too, I understand, just wanted to put my man hours and organizational skills to help if it was desired...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »
Ross, I'll be uploading two new files later tonight or tomorrow morning.  I'll also put up a few tagging how-to instructions later as well.  I was also willing to do a bit of organizing on the Community AP site if you would like that.  Basically I thought I could categorize posts by system and could add tags with some relevent information (one-shots, basic game descriptors, etc.) and then potentially could add that on a side bar so people interested could grab what they want (i.e. make it a little closer to the official AP site).  If that was something you would appreciate/be interested in, I would need my access upped to be able to edit other posts (to add tags or categories), but if you don't want, that's cool too, I understand, just wanted to put my man hours and organizational skills to help if it was desired...

yes

that is cool

do you need better privileges to do that?

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »
Currently I can only write, publish and edit my own posts.  As a bare minimum to just organize I would at least need to be able to edit others' posts.  However the more privileges I have with the site, the easier it will be to clean things up and organize.  So basically whatever stuff you feel comfortable giving me, I can probably work things out.

So according to Wordpress's default roles, I would at least need to be an Editor, but if you would like me to do any cosmetic changes (such as adding widgets, changing basic page layout, which hopefully I would community feedback on were I to make such changes), I would need Admin privileges.
Quote from: Wordpress
Administrator
An administrator has full and complete ownership of a blog, and can do absolutely everything. Complete power over posts/pages, comments, settings, theme choice, import, users – the whole shebang. Nothing is off-limits, including deleting the entire blog.

Editor
An editor can publish, edit, and delete any posts/pages, moderate comments, manage categories, manage tags, manage links and upload files/images. Editors also have access to the blog stats

Author
An author can edit, publish and delete their posts, as well as upload files/images

But, like I said, I want to help out, so whatever you feel comfortable with/would like to see changed, go with...

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »
Just added two new episodes, Plague of War Sessions 5 and 6...

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
Tonight I recorded the introductory session of a Monsters and Other Childish Things: Candlewick Manor game. I blatantly stole a lot from Ben Baugh's game with Ross, et al., from GenCon, with more of a thrust toward presenting the corpse in the larder as the hook to a mystery. It went pretty well, and all three of my players expressed interest in continuing the scenario, so depending on how the sound quality on the recording came out, I'll probably upload it in the next couple of days.

I've been in the middle of a roleplaying dry spell lately. It felt good to get back to the table.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2010, 12:52:32 AM »
I've been in the middle of a roleplaying dry spell lately. It felt good to get back to the table.

I know what you mean, I hadn't really done anything since March/April-ish until about a week ago, and it was good...