Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 691364 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:03 AM »
Currently I can only write, publish and edit my own posts.  As a bare minimum to just organize I would at least need to be able to edit others' posts.  However the more privileges I have with the site, the easier it will be to clean things up and organize.  So basically whatever stuff you feel comfortable giving me, I can probably work things out.

So according to Wordpress's default roles, I would at least need to be an Editor, but if you would like me to do any cosmetic changes (such as adding widgets, changing basic page layout, which hopefully I would community feedback on were I to make such changes), I would need Admin privileges.
Quote from: Wordpress
Administrator
An administrator has full and complete ownership of a blog, and can do absolutely everything. Complete power over posts/pages, comments, settings, theme choice, import, users – the whole shebang. Nothing is off-limits, including deleting the entire blog.

Editor
An editor can publish, edit, and delete any posts/pages, moderate comments, manage categories, manage tags, manage links and upload files/images. Editors also have access to the blog stats

Author
An author can edit, publish and delete their posts, as well as upload files/images

But, like I said, I want to help out, so whatever you feel comfortable with/would like to see changed, go with...

congrats admin

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:48 AM »
moved over all files

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
Just uploaded RPPR-CP-MaoCT-The_Dreadful_Secrets_of_Candlewick_Manor_01.mp3. I listened through most of it to make some campaign notes, and the audio is pretty clean.

I love my Zoom H2.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
Just uploaded RPPR-CP-MaoCT-The_Dreadful_Secrets_of_Candlewick_Manor_01.mp3. I listened through most of it to make some campaign notes, and the audio is pretty clean.

I love my Zoom H2.

moved

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2010, 03:26:20 AM »
Did some of the real basic outlining work on the site (i.e. moved all posts under proper game systems, at least I think so).  Is there anything specific people would be interested in seeing on the site as far as formatting?  I was also planning on doing some write ups of FAQs/Intros (i.e. "So you want to share your own gaming?"), so if that is something that people think would be helpful, I can start those and feel free to PM/post questions about recording/posting if you are unsure (or things you couldn't figure out at the beginning)...

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

Oooh, nice work!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
I would like  to do some minor formatting changes to posts (won't change body, just titles/breaks), so they look more uniform.  If this really bothers someone, let me know and we'll figure it out...

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »
I like the addition of the tag frequency widget. I always thought we could use one of those.

Good work, Mckma. The community podcast site looks awesome.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
I like the addition of the tag frequency widget. I always thought we could use one of those.

Good work, Mckma. The community podcast site looks awesome.

Yeah, I think tags will be great, but I'm not really sure what to tag.  The main thing I think will be campaign titles (such as mine and ristarr's), and I guess any genre type things (superpowers, heist, war, etc), as well as any resources used (such as The Dreadful Secret of Candlewick Manor)...

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:35 AM »
The main thing I think will be campaign titles (such as mine and ristarr's), and I guess any genre type things (superpowers, heist, war, etc), as well as any resources used (such as The Dreadful Secret of Candlewick Manor)...

That sounds like a good list of things to tag. It'll certainly make it much easier for people to sort through the backlog of posts to find the games they'd like to hear. I'll try to keep those tagging criteria in mind when I write my next post. We're supposed to get together on Friday night to finish up the Candlewick story, so I should have something new for the site by the weekend. Hopefully, there'll be enough interest after the first games that my players will want me to continue with it.

beowuuf

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2010, 02:49:09 AM »

Is the 'last five comments' functionality of the other RPPR sites easy to add? IF so, it might be a good additiona so people can see comments have been made to the older podcasts. There's already an impressive collection to trawl back through for comments otherwise!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »

Is the 'last five comments' functionality of the other RPPR sites easy to add? IF so, it might be a good additiona so people can see comments have been made to the older podcasts. There's already an impressive collection to trawl back through for comments otherwise!

I added that yesterday or the day before.  Right now it's at the bottom because I wasn't sure if that was something that people wanted, but if it is something that people are interested in, I'll look at moving it around...

beowuuf

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »

Ah, then that's cool. Hasn't scrolled right to the bottom, so didn't see it!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »
I've done pretty much everything that can be done before diving into actually coding things (if that's possible on this version of wordpress) or uploading various themes or tools.  What do people think, especially as relates to the tags (top right)?  I'm not really sure how well they represent things, at the moment I feel pretty confident that they include the name of the campaign (if you want to look at all the games from one campaign), as well as listing 1-3 important "themes" or "aspects" of the session for each session.  Depending on what other games get added and how they are tagged, we can go back and remove some tags that don't get multiple tags.

I think next I'll write up some comprehensive "everything you need to know to record a session and upload it" guides (at least one for Mac and one for Windows), and then either put them up on a page there or in this thread or another thread (and like it from the Community AP Site).

Any suggestions for stuff to add or change?  Also is there anything that might be helpful to add in a guide?  I'm not sure what issues other people might have, so I might make assumptions that don't cover people's issues, but those can get added in with feedback whenever...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
the site needs a new banner

anyone got any ideas?