Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 691509 times)

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
I wrote the scenario over the span of about a week, with some excellent advice and religious advise from a friend of mine. The players have gotten roughly... I would say about a quarter of the way into the scenario in terms of gametime, but there will be events that will take a lot of game-time for them to use up, so I'm guessing about a third is done, in that case? I've never run for such a large group before.

So, for good or for bad, that is my writing. If it sucks, by all means, let me know. I do not like fake praise, and good constructive feedback is what I'll need if I ever want to write it up as a professionally designed published scenario, which is my hope.

Cool, just wondering. I've only listened to the first hour and a half so far so I can't give a full opinion yet, but so far your GMing is good. Some might criticize you on the basis of you controlling too much at the beginning but I think with 7 friggin' players it's understandable. And we all know that the first session is often the rockiest. Good job so far (4 realz).

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »
I've decided that I'm going to try to listen to all 14(?) episodes of the Storm of War podcast during the course of this week. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!  I have two more uploaded that are waiting on me to create posts and on from the weekend ( 7 hours ) still on the Zoom.  We have a tendency to stray off topic a little.  In the 7 hour one this weekend, we had only 2 combat encounters, but we had a couple of trap/investigative encounters.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
Dear Ross,

I uploaded some more of my Masks episodes. If you would be so kind as to move them, the chances of me buying your book might increase.

Sincerely,
Shallazar
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
moved

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Cool, just wondering. I've only listened to the first hour and a half so far so I can't give a full opinion yet, but so far your GMing is good. Some might criticize you on the basis of you controlling too much at the beginning but I think with 7 friggin' players it's understandable. And we all know that the first session is often the rockiest. Good job so far (4 realz).

I like what you did with [spoiler]Samhain as the basis for a mythos occurrence. By the way: I'ma be "that guy" for a second and tell you that it's pronounced like "sow-in". I love using real world mythology and tying it into the mythos like that, though. I thought you did a good job there. Also, I like how you handled the results of occult roles - i.e. the yellow sign = negative energy according to celtic mythology. I thought that was clever.[/spoiler]

Edit: The only thing I wasn't a fan of was that at a few points you seemed to be telling the players how their characters felt in a given situation. Example: [spoiler] When you told one of the players that her character felt angry/wanted to shake some sense into the guy that said he felt compelled to go back to the "haunted" area.[/spoiler]

Looking forward to the rest.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:42:59 PM by AmishNinja »

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
I like what you did with [spoiler]Samhain as the basis for a mythos occurrence. By the way: I'ma be "that guy" for a second and tell you that it's pronounced like "sow-in". I love using real world mythology and tying it into the mythos like that, though. I thought you did a good job there. Also, I like how you handled the results of occult roles - i.e. the yellow sign = negative energy according to celtic mythology. I thought that was clever.[/spoiler]

Edit: The only thing I wasn't a fan of was that at a few points you seemed to be telling the players how their characters felt in a given situation. Example: [spoiler] When you told one of the players that her character felt angry/wanted to shake some sense into the guy that said he felt compelled to go back to the "haunted" area.[/spoiler]

Looking forward to the rest.

Well, I was trying to show a bit more of the sanity loss coming forward - no one in the group has ever played the system before, so I was trying to show some of the effects of san loss. I probably did go a bit too far with a couple of those touches.

As for the signs, [spoiler]wait until they run into clockwise spirals.  ;D [/spoiler]
We (hopefully) will be playing again on Sunday. We'll see how well I can finish this up. I think, depending on how many players show up, we might finish this week or go two more sessions. We'll have to see. Thank you for the feedback!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:35:40 PM by SageNytell »

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
Hey just signed up under the name Joecrak, and am currently in the process of uploading RPPR-CP-4e-Hourglass-of-Kavura-1

I foolishly recorded way to much in the beginning for this first session, so it was  a pain finding the proper start point of the actual session.  A mistake i won't be making from now on.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
You're an author now, when Ross moves the file you can write the post and post it...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »
all files moved

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2010, 03:14:40 AM »
It looks like I just missed the file move.  I uploaded the first session of our two shot Gamma World game.  Can you move it over when you get a chance?  Thanks!

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »
Now I uploaded the latest Storm Of War.  The last episode in the Halls of the Mountain King.  Can you move it over when you get a chance?  Thanks!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
files moved over

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 29, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »
I uploaded a recording of Well of Sacrifice from Mysteries of Mesoamerica.
Ross, I want to thank you personally for introducing me to that scenario - it was an absolute blast to run, and my players really got into it.

I'm working on my remaining recordings of Emerald Grove. Turned out to be a longer game than I thought!  :D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #328 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:12 AM »
moved

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #329 on: November 29, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »
Uploaded my own Wushu Modern league game

RPPR-CP-Whushu-MLOEG

It's got Metal Gear Rex and Hermione Granger.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.