Author Topic: Marvel Comics is bullshit  (Read 10280 times)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
Marvel Comics is bullshit
« on: January 13, 2010, 11:19:23 PM »
I know not everyone on the RPPR forums reads comic books, so if you don't read comics, ignore this thread.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Marvel-Retailers-DC-100113.html

Here is my letter in response. I know that it probably won't make a difference and that's fine, but it made me feel better and that is all that matters to me.

James Nausedas
Marvel Entertainment, LLC
417 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10016

To whom it may concern:

I know that I’m not a retailer and therefore, this letter will probably be ignored, but I felt like I really had to say something about the Siege #3  Deadpool variant situation. Now, normally, I try to be as eloquent as possible in response to things that upset me, but this news caught me on a bad day and honestly, sometimes a well-timed swear word (or fifteen) can simply say more than any amount of eloquence and propriety. In short:

GO. FUCK. YOURSELVES.

I had hoped to myself that those three words would be enough. Suffice to say, I have opened Pandora’s Box and I can’t stop there. So, here I go:

You fucking pompous assholes, how fucking dare you pose such a stupid, fucking publicity stunt as this? What the fuck sparked this to be considered a “good idea?” Over the past few years, I have slowly drifted away from Marvel Comics because of the lack of fucking respect you have for your fucking characters, but now, I can see that not only do you have no respect for the characters in your company, but you also have to resort to sleazy promotions like this in order to drum up some excitement.

So, DC beat you out of Diamond’s Top 10 list one month, and THIS is how you respond? THIS?! I guess it’s a solid plan though because now people will really want to buy your fucking shitty comics and the pressure to have a good story is off now. You don’t have to have a good storyline to get people to read Siege because now you’ll have press heat. You don’t have to lie anymore by saying that Bendis had been planning this for years when everyone knows that Bendis is pulling it out of his ass like he always fucking does.

I know this is a stupid way for me to react. I really do. I hate fans that rant and flame on the internet, but I also hate fucking dirty politics more. This dirty, bipartisan bullshit hurts the comic industry and you know as well as I do that the eleventh hour is border-fucking-line here kids. Comics don’t sell the way they used to and by pulling bullshit like this, you’ll have major media tearing nerds apart. “Look how stupid they all are” they will say, “we were right all along to stuff them into lockers and make fun of their little picture books. Look how juvenile and retarded they all look.”

Don’t you understand that our favorite art form is dying? Don’t you see that this is just fuel to further divide fans and create more idiotic fodder for the Internet? Why does Marvel have to be such a hype machine instead of a creative house of ideas that makes good comics? Maybe it’s because Joey Q’s brain is as muddy and shitty as his artwork (oh no he didn’t! – oh yes, I fucking did).

I suppose I’ll wrap this letter up seeing as how I didn’t want to get into rambling and it seems that is exactly what I have done. You shouldn’t mind though – I mean, you work at Marvel comics so you should be used to reading verbal diarrhea on a daily basis. At least this letter was more coherent than one of Bendis’s plots and I didn’t have to rely on a deus ex machina to swoop in and clean things up in the end.

-   Dr. William Cody Walker D.D.S. B.B.Q. W.T.F.

p.s. It is here where I would reemphasize some specific people who should go and fuck themselves. Unfortunately, I am quite sleepy and I don’t have time to list all of the people that should perform that impossible feat, so I will conclude with a general statement that everyone involved with this (and I suppose Bendis as well because I just have a feeling that he is involved in some form or another) should go and fuck his or her own self.

FUCK Y’ALL BITCHES!!!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Marvel Comics is bullshit
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
I know not everyone on the RPPR forums reads comic books, so if you don't read comics, ignore this thread.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Marvel-Retailers-DC-100113.html

Here is my letter in response. I know that it probably won't make a difference and that's fine, but it made me feel better and that is all that matters to me.

James Nausedas
Marvel Entertainment, LLC
417 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10016

To whom it may concern:

I know that I’m not a retailer and therefore, this letter will probably be ignored, but I felt like I really had to say something about the Siege #3  Deadpool variant situation. Now, normally, I try to be as eloquent as possible in response to things that upset me, but this news caught me on a bad day and honestly, sometimes a well-timed swear word (or fifteen) can simply say more than any amount of eloquence and propriety. In short:

GO. FUCK. YOURSELVES.

I had hoped to myself that those three words would be enough. Suffice to say, I have opened Pandora’s Box and I can’t stop there. So, here I go:

You fucking pompous assholes, how fucking dare you pose such a stupid, fucking publicity stunt as this? What the fuck sparked this to be considered a “good idea?” Over the past few years, I have slowly drifted away from Marvel Comics because of the lack of fucking respect you have for your fucking characters, but now, I can see that not only do you have no respect for the characters in your company, but you also have to resort to sleazy promotions like this in order to drum up some excitement.

So, DC beat you out of Diamond’s Top 10 list one month, and THIS is how you respond? THIS?! I guess it’s a solid plan though because now people will really want to buy your fucking shitty comics and the pressure to have a good story is off now. You don’t have to have a good storyline to get people to read Siege because now you’ll have press heat. You don’t have to lie anymore by saying that Bendis had been planning this for years when everyone knows that Bendis is pulling it out of his ass like he always fucking does.

I know this is a stupid way for me to react. I really do. I hate fans that rant and flame on the internet, but I also hate fucking dirty politics more. This dirty, bipartisan bullshit hurts the comic industry and you know as well as I do that the eleventh hour is border-fucking-line here kids. Comics don’t sell the way they used to and by pulling bullshit like this, you’ll have major media tearing nerds apart. “Look how stupid they all are” they will say, “we were right all along to stuff them into lockers and make fun of their little picture books. Look how juvenile and retarded they all look.”

Don’t you understand that our favorite art form is dying? Don’t you see that this is just fuel to further divide fans and create more idiotic fodder for the Internet? Why does Marvel have to be such a hype machine instead of a creative house of ideas that makes good comics? Maybe it’s because Joey Q’s brain is as muddy and shitty as his artwork (oh no he didn’t! – oh yes, I fucking did).

I suppose I’ll wrap this letter up seeing as how I didn’t want to get into rambling and it seems that is exactly what I have done. You shouldn’t mind though – I mean, you work at Marvel comics so you should be used to reading verbal diarrhea on a daily basis. At least this letter was more coherent than one of Bendis’s plots and I didn’t have to rely on a deus ex machina to swoop in and clean things up in the end.

-   Dr. William Cody Walker D.D.S. B.B.Q. W.T.F.

p.s. It is here where I would reemphasize some specific people who should go and fuck themselves. Unfortunately, I am quite sleepy and I don’t have time to list all of the people that should perform that impossible feat, so I will conclude with a general statement that everyone involved with this (and I suppose Bendis as well because I just have a feeling that he is involved in some form or another) should go and fuck his or her own self.

FUCK Y’ALL BITCHES!!!

/

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 11:45:54 PM »
DING DING DING. CODY PAINTS THE PICTURE ROSS MAKES IT HAPPEN FUCKING TEAM WORK!

btw Cody amazing letter!

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 01:34:01 AM »
I don't really follow comics very closely, but I've gotta say...

::holds up a fist::

Word.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »
This is the reason you have a cult Cody ;)
Kenders Rock

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
Hm. Now that Marvel has the balls to tell retailers to send in unsold DC comics it makes you wonder what they'll do next. Maybe they'll annex DC, gas all of their artists/writers, take over the entire industry, and begin a tyranical and facist reign over all comics.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »
Disney.

pwvogt

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
    • The Hopeless Gamer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
Awesome. Marvel I mean, not your letter, which is awful. I'm saying this as a huge Green Lantern fan, beeteedub.
The Hopeless Gamer Blog! http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/ - Come check it out!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Paul_Vogt

Staff Writer for Eye of the Vortex - gaming magazine at the center of all things nerdy/interesting! http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/

Sean-o-tron

• heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:24 AM »
RAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGERAGE
                                        \ /

... fixed.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:37:52 AM by Sean-o-tron »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK