Author Topic: Codex of War - New World ransom  (Read 196466 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Codex of War - New World ransom
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »
Just keep me informed on anything else awesome that I'm doing.  ???

Playing Rogue Trader with the cool kids, maybe?

xHero

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Dorothy: "Fuck it, I'll stay here."
    • View Profile
    • Swing And A Miss Forums
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »
Just keep me informed on anything else awesome that I'm doing.  ???

Playing Rogue Trader with the cool kids, maybe?

I'm looking forward to it.
"Mmm...Franklin Salad: Tastes of 100 dollar bills, semen, and shame!" - APFMT gone terribly wrong... or right. Check out the Swing And A Miss Forums

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 01:09:51 AM »
anyone listen to any of the preview episodes yet? Any thoughts on them? I'm especially curious about the other 4e D&D game - it's the first session I recorded of Bill's 4E game. I was a player. And there are non-rppr regular players! OMG

also: Omar Shakti must die is fucking insane. CoC pulp action with rules breaking PCs.

Survival City is atomic 50s themed survival horror

and the playtest of MAOCT sucrose park is pretty epic

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
I should free up some monies and pledge...

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2010, 02:48:28 AM »
I've done my part, have you?

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2010, 10:03:41 AM »
anyone listen to any of the preview episodes yet? Any thoughts on them? I'm especially curious about the other 4e D&D game - it's the first session I recorded of Bill's 4E game. I was a player. And there are non-rppr regular players! OMG

also: Omar Shakti must die is fucking insane. CoC pulp action with rules breaking PCs.

Survival City is atomic 50s themed survival horror

and the playtest of MAOCT sucrose park is pretty epic

Just finished a two hour trip back home, and with that the last of the new podcasts already :(

Bill's game sounded fun - obviously, we missed the set of of it, sounded an interesting premise to be marooned on another plane. It's also fun to see you and bill swap GM and player rolls (and back again in the New Wolrd) - mostly because you can then rag on each other about not allowing beholders to be dropped in the sea, and 70 hit point plants! The group dynamic seemed good, and Bill's different flavour of GM also makes it an interesting series to hopefully get more of. Now we just need Cody's game!

Omar Shakti is probably more fun for the CoC players since it finishes off their characters' stories fro ma previous game, and also lets them take insane powers. Still, as an entertaining action game instead of a CoC horror, I have no complaints. MVP has to be Tom's creepy character, though (Tina?) with her contant 00s and general rules exploiting was good too.

I think I completely shared Cody's views about the two parts of the Prototype game. The first has the really great theme of the everymen getting out of their depth, and the group dynamic as they investigate. Jason's rock incident, and all the ramifications of that are truly hilarious.

The second prototype is entertaining for the divisions of the fighters and investigators, and the reacts to the situations, but doens't have the same atmosphere to it.

I really like the 'Don't Rest Your Head' game from many angles. The system sounded like it was interesting, it was great hearing you guys explore it from fresh, but mostly everyone seemed on fire too. Bill brought the weird world to life with all the variety of characters, Tom's people-hated laundromat attendant was fun, your logical guy bounced well off of him and had his intense moments at the end, etc

I was distracted this morning studying, so the Survival City episode I don't recall as much about, might have to give it another listen. The ending was well done, and I managed to contain a loud laugh on the train regarding the reason Cody's mayor wandered what year it was.

The Candlewick manor game is a cool contrast sicne I assume it's from the senario as Ben himself ran, just you put the players in a different direction and got them into the town. I think because the players got luckier with their echoes and revelations more plot got entered in the short amount of time, showing how the senario can go.

Hmm, don't recall the Sucrose one, and can't find it with the other mp3s, which means a) my iPod has stuck it in another section, and b) I STILL HAVE SOMETHING TO LISTEN TOO! Something pretty epic, apparently.

In general such a concentration of awesome makes me realise how good a player Tom is (And he's amongst many good players). He can play up the voices and mannerisms to keep characters feeling different, but also the morality of the characters  is often wildly different.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »

In general such a concentration of awesome makes me realise how good a player Tom is (And he's amongst many good players). He can play up the voices and mannerisms to keep characters feeling different, but also the morality of the characters  is often wildly different.

This is why I always loved playing with Tom. It's too bad the Masks of Nyarlathotep game was not recorded. Tom had some great characters in that game and we often fed off of one another.

Also in Ross' first post, he said,

WAR WAS BEGINNING

I think he meant to say "
War were declared
."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:11:03 AM by Setherick »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
I got Candlewick and Sucrose Park downloaded but my home connection is still down and my office connection is blocking me now. I'll have to go to the coffee shop to get the rest.

Sucrose Park made me fall out of my chair. It's awesome and hilarious. "God, how much milk did you drink kid?!"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
I got Candlewick and Sucrose Park downloaded but my home connection is still down and my office connection is blocking me now. I'll have to go to the coffee shop to get the rest.

Sucrose Park made me fall out of my chair. It's awesome and hilarious. "God, how much milk did you drink kid?!"

What was that in reference to? I suck at remembering specific elements of scenarios

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »

I never broke the rules, I merely exploited the already overpowered combat rules of the system with an equally overpowered combat monkey.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

I never broke the rules, I merely exploited the already overpowered combat rules of the system with an equally overpowered combat monkey.

all the PCs were technically rulebreaking monsters - CoC isn't meant to have super assassins, ghouls and gadgeteers with yithian hypertech running around.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »

all the PCs were technically rulebreaking monsters - CoC isn't meant to have super assassins, ghouls and gadgeteers with yithian hypertech running around.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

What was that in reference to? I suck at remembering specific elements of scenarios

The roller coaster ride. Timothy made himself look alive so he could ride it with Dan. He went around twice and made a roll to keep from getting sick. He made the first and failed the second. I think Timmy failed both so during the second run you said he throw up ectoplasm.

At that point everyone felt the desire to chime in with various statements regarding large volumes of thick white fluid. One of the first, and funniest for me, was someone asking "God, how much milk did you drink kid?!"

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
Ive downloaded all 10 and put them on my phone. There in there calling to me, making me want to listen to them but 2 more days and ill be back on my normal schedual and ill be able to listen to them!

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »

Ok, just listened to Sucrose park, and it's as epic as advertised. I probably made people mad on a bus  by laughing at the whole exchange that ended with "How do you spell...." "Thank you"

Also, Cool Rat is my god now.