Author Topic: New campaign I am starting up need some advice(Very Lengthy)  (Read 8312 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
New campaign I am starting up need some advice(Very Lengthy)
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
This is pretty lengthy so I will understand if no one decides to read it >_<.

This is the set up we are thinking of doing for a Mutants and Masterminds game we have coming up. The reason I am posting the characters is that I want to run it in an "Issue" format where every session is like an issue of a comic. I have some issue ideas but I want to see if anyone wants to throw in some ideas.

Heroes:

Akkar (PC)- Child of a leader in the field of advanced power armor, his father was contracted by the "corporation" to construct a cutting edge combat suit. When the men came for the final testing of the suit, they betrayed and killed his father. William Pierce jumped into the armor and fled. He then spent many nights hunting down everyone connected to his fathers death and killing them. After his tirade of vengence was over, he was invited to work on a Power Armor project by James Porter. A position which he accepted.

Vyse Rogue (PC) - At one time he was an Archaeologist who was on the wrong side of the law, he  would mount illegal expeditions and sell the loot off to the highest bidder, his spelunking team consisted of his wife and his best friend. During an expedition where he found a rare and powerful magical artifact his friend betrayed him and shot and killed his wife, then turned the gun on Vyse. After dispatching of Vyse and taking as many of the Artifacts as he could carry he left Vyse to bleed to death. With his dying breaths the dark God of the now ancient and ruined temple gave Vyse the chance to live again, along with powers to help him enact justice in the world, without telling him the horrible price he would someday pay.

Silent Death (NPC) - Former member of the Powers Division of the military she has the ability to mend wounds at  a spectacular rate. After leaving the military she trained in the use of a bow and nonlethal arrows and became a "Super".

Omega Sunfire (PC )- Alexandria Croteu is the head scientist on James Porters team to craft the perfect Android. She was injured on a mission in space, after her craft was struck by odd gravitational fields. She came away from the ordeal with the ability to manipulate gravity in a small area around herself, However she also lost use of her legs. When she started work on the Omega Project she tenetivly adapted the Android Tech into a suit that would replace the destroyed nerves that cotrolled her legs,.

James Porter(NPC) - James Porter is the CEO of Porter Industries. He was born a mutant,  less than 5% of the population in the world are mutants so it is pretty rare(Some say the number is higher in Africa). He was born with some unique abilities. He however chose to ignore those abilities and pursue a business agenda instead. He has his  Masters degree in Physics and Electrical Engineering, a masters degree in Psycology, and is currently working on his Law degree. He is fluent in English, Russian, Spanish, and Japanese. He is also very adept with a computer.

Lieutenant Liberty(NPC) - His father was a swat officer who was killed during a riot, he donned his fathers armor(and then later some power armor provided by Porter Industires) and decided to take his fight to the streets as a protector of the common man. When everyone else is worrying about the big picture he is worring about his town.

Atomic Sally (PC) - 18-19 year old that has powers due to being near radiation her whole life. (Nothing is fleshed out yet.)  

Issue Ideas:

Man in an armored suit identical to an ally robs the bank, powers division come and arrest the hero holding him with no bail while they investigate.

New Virtual Reality technology is shown to be dangerously addictive, when it is investigated the program turns deadly.

Cult of the Dark God that gave Vyse his powers. Vyse is stalked by it's members until finally the Head Mage abducts Vyse in an attempt to sacrifice him to bring the deity to this realm in a physical form.

Swarm of poorly build robots are attacking several location across town.

- Banks

- Parks

- Shopping Malls

This is an attempt to spread the team thin to carry out an attack on Porter Industries.

New portal technology opens a gate to an alternate world.

- Land where carniverous plants have hunted humanity to near extinction

- Inverted Alignment World

-Nazi world domination

Two notoriously under the rader villains go on a seemingly senseless ramapage.

- Who is behind their actions?

A Woman gains super human abilities from a divine spirit and attempts to clense the demonic energies from Vyse, causing Vyse to be split into an evil savage version of himself with more demonic traits and a good aligned version of himself has a mirrored version of his powers from a holy source. The demonic energies no longer being kept in line by his good self have increased his powers greatly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:12:21 AM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: New capaign I am starting up need some advice(Very Lengthy)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
Apes most be involved at some point.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »

Like Gorilla Grodd or like generic apes?

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

A liitle bit of each. Also, it one point, the PCs should be temporally turned into apes.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

A liitle bit of each. Also, it one point, the PCs should be temporally turned into apes.

Justice Leauge Unlimited FTW?!?!

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Aakar:
 His father isn’t dead.  In fact, he staged his death to take his son and live secretly on an island.  When he saw his son eliminating his enemies in his power armor he went crazy.  Feeling guilt over unleashing his weapon he creates a new suit of armor to defeat his son.  Having never actually seen his dead father, this is an easy one to throw at him.

How to get there:
 Aakar finds some crates with his father’s signature on them that authorize their movement.  What dastardly monster would impersonate his father?

Even more complications:
The suit of armor his father is unstable and will destroy the city if it goes off!

Grudge monster of the week
His father wants to destroy all technology for his sin of creating the ultimate weapon.  He creates a beast made out nanites that lives solely to devour all technology and stop Aakar.  If you really want to be brutal have his father be the monster and let him know it before he fights it Mwahahahah.

Flawless P

• View Profile
Re: New campaign I am starting up need some advice(Very Lengthy)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 02:11:59 AM »
It's funny I have been writing ideas down most of the day and I had one similar to this.

A man is found dead who looks completely identical to Akkars father, upon investigation he is ambushed by the remaining members of the "corporation".
I like yours alot better though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:18:21 AM by Flawless P »

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »
Cult of the Dark God that gave Vyse his powers. Vyse is stalked by it's members until finally the Head Mage abducts Vyse in an attempt to sacrifice him to bring the deity to this realm in a physical form.

Since the guy that left him to die is still hanginging around somewhere why not make him the Head Mage.  This also works with the idea that he needed the artifacts for his own ascention.  Perhaps the dark god is not the one that brought him back at all but the enemy of the dark god that made an avatar to fight this newly ascended Avatar of evil.  This works best if you make the onknown god that gave Vyse his powers a trickster figure devoted to chaos if...

A Woman gains super human abilities from a divine spirit and attempts to clense the demonic energies from Vyse, causing Vyse to be split into an evil savage version of himself with more demonic traits and a good aligned version of himself has a mirrored version of his powers from a holy source. The demonic energies no longer being kept in line by his good self have increased his powers greatly.

This would put three forgotten dieties into your campaign.  One light (created the woman avatar).  One dark that created the Head Mage and one that loves to see chaos: the diety that created Vyse or if Vyce is really set on the whole created by a dark diety you could switch him to the dark diety and her to the choas diety.  This gives you some seeds for interplanar travel where alternate versions of these gods have created a good version of his enemy and an evil version of his ally.  Nothings worse than ending up in an alternate world and seeing your best friends shaking hands with Mecha-Hitler.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:53:25 PM by Addled GM »

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
I really like this idea.

A great way to introduce them would be to have them robbing a bank.  When the PC's find them in the vault they're just sitting there talking.  When asked why they were robbing the bank they say "Ya gotta do something before the end of the world, but this wasn't as fun as we expected.  No heroes showed up fast enough.  We couldda got away like five times before now."

They go down easy.  They don't even put up a fight.  If they are asked why they think the world's going to end they say because they've already seen it.  If mind powers are used on them they come up with white noise and the colors red white and black in their minds and no traces of psychic tampering.

It turns out that these guys are awful villians by themselves but when their powers are combined they can open gateways in both time and space.  They have seen an alternate dimension where hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Emporer Hirohito are allies and are all still alive thanks to the boons of Nazi supertechnology.  They now set their sites on the multiverse and your earth is next.

It turns out that porter industries has been infultrated by these dimension hopping nazis and they are secretly taking this earths resources and technology to their home dimension.  The problem is that in order to get their nazi death machines across the the universes they need more power, so they need a rare element that happens to be in a rival corporations vaults.  They send out a wave of man sized generic robots to get the heroes on the other side of town while they steal it.
Where they go from there is up to you.  

Does Vyce's god approve?
How much would Nazi's love to create an atomic superman using Atomic Sally's DNA?
The ultimate suit of armor is an appealing prize to an army on the move.

To stop the interdimensional nazi threat the PCs have to go world hopping.  This is where you can have your world of carnivorous plants and the alternate versions of your heroes can be the nazi world mirror images of the current heroes.

Just some food for thought.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:19:56 PM by Addled GM »

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »
I really like this idea.

A great way to introduce them would be to have them robbing a bank.  When the PC's find them in the vault they're just sitting there talking.  When asked why they were robbing the bank they say "Ya gotta do something before the end of the world, but this wasn't as fun as we expected.  No heroes showed up fast enough.  We couldda got away like five times before now."

They go down easy.  They don't even put up a fight.  If they are asked why they think the world's going to end they say because they've already seen it.  If mind powers are used on them they come up with white noise and the colors red white and black in their minds and no traces of psychic tampering.

It turns out that these guys are awful villians by themselves but when their powers are combined they can open gateways in both time and space.  They have seen an alternate dimension where hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Emporer Hirohito are allies and are all still alive thanks to the boons of Nazi supertechnology.  They now set their sites on the multiverse and your earth is next.

It turns out that porter industries has been infultrated by these dimension hopping nazis and they are secretly taking this earths resources and technology to their home dimension.  The problem is that in order to get their nazi death machines across the the universes they need more power, so they need a rare element that happens to be in a rival corporations vaults.  They send out a wave of man sized generic robots to get the heroes on the other side of town while they steal it.
Where they go from there is up to you.  

Does Vyce's god approve?
How much would Nazi's love to create an atomic superman using Atomic Sally's DNA?
The ultimate suit of armor is an appealing prize to an army on the move.

To stop the interdimensional nazi threat the PCs have to go world hopping.  This is where you can have your world of carnivorous plants and the alternate versions of your heroes can be the nazi world mirror images of the current heroes.

Just some food for thought.

Looks like I have my first full "Arc" I never really thought to combine those ideas. Thanks for the ideas. I was gonna have those villains rob a bank. World hopping technology will be invented by another corporation, the visions of the world ending could be from a Nazi "super" with mind powers reaching through the portal as a scout.

This could also be referenced later by the carnivourous plants making it through the portal and setting up shop in this reality(as part of a later story, you know layers upon layers and all that.)

Addled GM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
Cool. Glad I could be of some help.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »
Thought I would drop a few more.

Exotic plants start growing all over the city, it happens overnight and gets worse by the hour, the plants start animating, then kidnapping people who are then turned into plant/human hybrids.

While James is on a buisness trip on a Yacht near Japan he is taken hostage by North Korea who has had a ban on super heroes for years, if any known American Supers are found they are threatening Nuclear War.

Naziverse scientists get a sample of Atomic Sally's blood and use it to create a supermanesque Villain "Heidenreich"

- Heroes from Modern Germany join the fight against this powerful foe, Freiheitskämpfer leader of the team takes the charge against Nazi war crimials, as well as this new threat from Naziverse Germany.

Naziverse sent troops through to our worlds Germany, forcing many of the Prime universe German citizens to flee and become political refugees while the others are forced into slave conditions. Effectively starting a Universe War. This is a pretty major plot point so I am thinking of only instituting it if one of the Nazi themed stories goes through with the Naziverse winning.(this could include Naziverse versions of the heroes coming through.)

Random People are gaining Super Powers for an hour or two at a time, then falling into a coma when the powers fade.(Not sure where to go with this one.)