Author Topic: The Arcadia Signal  (Read 65779 times)

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: The Arcadia Signal
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
Great concept Ross. As an actual play it was very intimate (shut up) with just Cody and Jason, but that added to the atmosphere. I liked how the investigation went and how it was very open and not a set of directive clues to follow. Great GMing and playing guys.

Ethan

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
Great concept Ross. As an actual play it was very intimate (shut up) with just Cody and Jason, but that added to the atmosphere. I liked how the investigation went and how it was very open and not a set of directive clues to follow. Great GMing and playing guys.

Ethan

I like how all the investigation before hand made the players think that maybe they could keep control of the situation. And then it all went spiraling out away.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Yes I enjoyed that also.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 08:00:25 PM »
Yes I enjoyed that also.

That's my favorite thing about Call of Cthulhu, spending the first part of the adventure building the PCs confidence, trying to get them to believe they have control, and then watching it all go down the drain when the SAN checks start.

It works pretty well in World of Darkness with the Willpower Tests as well, especially if you make the player roll their temporary Willpower and not their Resolve+Composure.

ethan_dawe

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
I love good RP in a game and this game had many great moments. The meta discussion was hilarious too....."I know this guy is just going to try and kill us."

Just great fun!

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 02:00:12 AM »
After listening to the Arcadia Signal, I went back and listened to the Esoterrorists and Fear Itself actual plays again, as well as finally finishing the Room B12 actual play.

Oh man, I gotta find a way to work in the McCardy boys into my next campaign.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »
I love good RP in a game and this game had many great moments. The meta discussion was hilarious too....."I know this guy is just going to try and kill us."

Just great fun!

Oh, nothing. I guess you've just never played in a "Ross" game before!

Oh man, I gotta find a way to work in the McCardy boys into my next campaign.

Don't mind us, just a reporter and his two doctor friends.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:39:33 AM by Tadanori Oyama »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:16 PM »
Funny thing is that Larry didn't try to kill them. I mean he did to release the signal but that was for the greater good of humanity. I didn't even try to force him into the scenario. As soon as he mentioned wanting to go with the PCs, Cody seemed resigned to his inclusion, as though I would have just railroaded him in there no matter what. (I wouldn't have done that).

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:03 PM »
Funny thing is that Larry didn't try to kill them. I mean he did to release the signal but that was for the greater good of humanity. I didn't even try to force him into the scenario. As soon as he mentioned wanting to go with the PCs, Cody seemed resigned to his inclusion, as though I would have just railroaded him in there no matter what. (I wouldn't have done that).

Which is what's so funny. It's Gamer Logic and actually the same kind of thinking that lead to the Chaplin Incident where the players think they know what a character will do based on past experience with the GM.

Cody doesn't chase it down in character, he's just very vocal out of character, so it's funny more than annoying (as a listener I mean, it might be annoying for the GM).

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
oh no someone didn't like the arcadia signal http://lordnoar.com/2010/03/rpg-roundtable-project/

boo hoo  :'(

Sean-o-tron

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • heard nonsense
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »
wait what

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
oh no someone didn't like the arcadia signal http://lordnoar.com/2010/03/rpg-roundtable-project/

boo hoo  :'(

What exactly is the issue? I mean, nothing is ever really stated except that someone didn't like it.

Ultimately, who cares? It was a good game with a solid story and serious role-playing. Jason and I worked really hard to stay in character (no easy task for the two of us) and I thought it was a successful game.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
Oh shit, someone on a forum said that someone on a blog read that someone on facebook didn't like something!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 10:40:21 PM »
Oh shit, someone on a forum said that someone on a blog read that someone on facebook didn't like something!

IT'S TEARING ME APART

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »

IT'S TEARING ME APART

And the guy commenting about the other guy was listening to Blind Melon as he wrote his blog post. Whatta homo. :o
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.